• 59 - 64

Votes: 29 9.5%
  • 65 +

Votes: 25 8.2%
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I'm in the 54-58 group, I can't ride pure sports bikes anymore they are just to uncomfortable, naked bikes are a pain on the motorway, I think Ducati have hit onto a winner with the SS. Apart from the comfort I think it is a very sexy bike.
And to those in the 65+ group I hope to join you in a few years, riding my bike makes me feel younger, puts a smile on my face, that can't be bad.

·
Registered
326 Posts
What I see :
Before 25 : you don't have the money for a Ducati.
Around 30 : You finaly have, you get it !
Around 35 : You make childrens, no time to ride, you sell it...
After 40 : You miss it too much, You get another one !

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wow, I'm a little shocked. Us 'ole geezers are outnumbering the young whipper-snappers. :nerd:

Anybody else a little shocked?
I'm shocked I can still ride one !!! :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: se7en

·
Registered
316 Posts
What I see :
Before 25 : you don't have the money for a Ducati.
Around 30 : You finaly have, you get it !
Around 35 : You make childrens, no time to ride, you sell it...
After 40 : You miss it too much, You get another one !
After 65 you love it. It's better than anything you can still enjoy at this age which isn't bad for your health (unless you choose to ride it that way), and it definitely keeps you young, and at my age it's as close as I'm gonna get to having a close encounter with a beautiful Italian supermodel:laugh:

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Supersport S
580 Posts
Reactions: melba and amoslws

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am only 18 but with 44 years experience
Been riding all kinds of machines since I was 15 (my 1st was a Suzuki 80 Scrambler) and Ive got the scars and aches n pains to prove it
My 1st big bike was a BSA 650 Gold Flash at age 16 (in Rhodesia you could drive any car or ride any bike from age 16).
My 1st Superbike was a 1977 Kawasaki Z1000 and since have had all makes and manners of machines.
And I still commute by bike to the office at least 3-4 days a week.

Bikes are an incurable cancer, once the bug bites you, you're buggered ! ! ! no amount of medication or therapy can cure you.
There are no pills for the motorcycle sickness.

·
Registered
81 Posts
**** fine garage ZA. Do you have any interest in the Kawasaki z900RS?
Funny you should mention the new Kawa Z900RS - the green and white one with the bikini fairing is the next toy on my shopping list.

According to my wife - "the only difference between a man and a boy, is the price of the toy"

"He who dies with the most toys is the winner"

·
Registered
304 Posts
Funny you should mention the new Kawa Z900RS - the green and white one with the bikini fairing is the next toy on my shopping list.

According to my wife - "the only difference between a man and a boy, is the price of the toy"

"He who dies with the most toys is the winner"

It is a cool looking bike :)

I'm watching a few mag/online forum posts on the Kawasaki z900rs - specifically the reduction in hp from the Z900. For the record the z900rs makes 110 hp (83KW), 72 ft-lb (98Nm) @ 6500 rpm and weighs 472 lb (214 kg) Those numbers should look very familiar to Supersport owners, but according to some of the keyboard warriors 11% less power is the first sign of the impending apocolypse - even if max torque and power are delivered lower in the rev range.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I turned 24 this march, and when I was thinking of buying this bike, everyone was like buy the Panigale it has more horsepower and looks sexier. Yeah it does and if I was thinking like my peers I might have bought that or something else, but I like my lazy cozy lifestyle while I tour, a nice cozy hotel with heated bed and bathtubs and an adrenaline pumping two wheel monster with the comfort of a couch to take me there! 110bhp is more than I'll ever really use anyway in India, or will I? XD

21 - 40 of 58 Posts