Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
561 - 580 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't come across any. What's your issue with the akra ones. I don't have them in, actually I couldn't get them in.

I bought the bike used and it didn't come with any. At this point, I am looking for any DB killers that would fit to pass inspection.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I bought the bike used and it didn't come with any. At this point, I am looking for any DB killers that would fit to pass inspection.
Two options, make
them up or order from Akra. If you are serious about making your own then I can pull mine out of its storage box and measure them up for you. Pm me with your email if you choose that route. The other option is to go to the beginning of this thread, in here are the part number with pics. You should be able to get hold of them through ducati. Only ducati can sell the akra directly from akrapovic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Two options, make
them up or order from Akra. If you are serious about making your own then I can pull mine out of its storage box and measure them up for you. Pm me with your email if you choose that route. The other option is to go to the beginning of this thread, in here are the part number with pics. You should be able to get hold of them through ducati. Only ducati can sell the akra directly from akrapovic.
Thanks mate. I have them on order through Ducati but they have no ETA at the moment. I think I will just get this for now to pass the inspection and install the OEM when (if) it arrives.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Exhaust-Ba...h=item3d2089f618:g:HJoAAOSwaB5XkfEt:rk:4:pf:0

·
Registered
44 Posts
full akra + db killers

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
full akra + db killers

Graph is legitimate. For some strange reason 5000-6000 rpm dips. With RB Evo I managed to reduce the dip range but it still dips marginally at 6000rpm.
In my opinion the ducati up map is a [email protected] map and is too lean and its noise is irritating. If you enrich the map at bottom to mid range the sound is much better and it removes that dip. Rapid bike will also give you around 11% HP and NM improvement across the graph compared with the ducati up map provided with the akra race.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Thanks mate. I have them on order through Ducati but they have no ETA at the moment. I think I will just get this for now to pass the inspection and install the OEM when (if) it arrives.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Exhaust-Ba...h=item3d2089f618:g:HJoAAOSwaB5XkfEt:rk:4:pf:0
Are you in the US? Get in touch with www.motocorsa.com service department, they have a bin full of them behind the service counter from customers telling them they don't want them when they do their installs.

·
Administrator
7,987 Posts
@johan851 Thanks, very helpful.

Since dynos can vary quite a bit, might there also be a corresponding run on the same dyno same bike in stock trim?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,

I recently wanted to buy the OEM passenger grab handels from Ducati dealer. They warned me that the catalog shows, that they are not compatible with the race Akrapovic.
I am sure that I saw the picture of the bike with high mount Akra and pax grab handels together.
Does anybody has any expirience with this two mounted on their bike?

Thx!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Maybe you saw this? 20171111 163130 resized
Not OEM.
And here you have closer look - [No title]

Or other explanation - no foot rests so who will grab the handles? But I understand you want to use them for better luggage hooks.

Hope it helps a little.
Grossi.BP thanks for the pics, I wanted to buy these :

And true, at first they would serve me mostly for the luggage fixation and easier bike moving... Managed to ''instal'' NelsonRigg tail bag with straps under seat, but no option to fix something else on the top of it if needed stuff for more than 2-3 days...

Also would like to be able to occassionaly drive a pillion for a short trip, but before I buy the footpegs that fits Akra, I am looking for more info how the pillions are dealing with the heat ?
Couldn't find much about that on forum (info from @Triple S only, that his wife confirmes that is not a problem).
I need to contact also @gr3g, he has the extra footpegs installed...

Well, any info is welcome, thx :)

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
o wow, I thought I saw everything about Supersport : D your combination is possible, hm... ok, saving the picture.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
mmm I wish I could meet you one time. After all you're just half a day away from me :D I'd like to hear the exhaust with my own ears and you're the closest I could find heh.
Btw. I'm getting closer to agreement that the shorter tail is better. Do you experience a lot of dirt/mud on your bags during trips?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Grossi.BP, welcome anytime🙂
Not so many SS in Slo, so only familliar sound to me is Akra(i must try it once without the baffles).

Short tail (EvoTech)came with the bike so I can't compare it with OEM. Not so many wet road exp.
Only once, when i passed short section of the road without asphalt, workers pured water on the gravel to avoid dusting, and the back of my leather jacket got very interesting pattern...🤣
But i think also the rear OEM mudguard doesn't do its job as it should - the same with the front one.
Otherwise, got the bike last June and due to lockdowns never left the country for longer trip(for the moment, think of how big Slovenia is🤣 ) I hope this year will be better...And for shorter day trips - i always arrange the good weather first...😁

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Supersport 939
15 Posts
Hi All, I am jumping on the band wagon and have purchased a second hand set of full Akra's. Should be getting it in the next few days but does not come with the instructions. Does anyone have a manual (PDF'd) they could share? :)

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Supersport 939
15 Posts
Hi all, finally have my exhausts in and running. Awesome. Very happy with them. Just one slight niggle. I am noticing a slight vibration coming up through the pegs. Continues throughout the rev range and in some cases (mainly on the motorway) it makes my feet numb. 😲 Not sure whether it is due to the pipes or the fact the bike has loosened up with the 32,00 kms + mileage. So, has anyone else noticed the additional vibration after installing the Akros?

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Look, no rear license plate, no mirrors... like it would be used only on a track. Lawyers approved the picture. :p I'm 60% convinced to have it after desmo service will show me that the engine is in good condition. But I would also add rear foot pegs, they saved me couple times with low sides.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine are expected to arrive in November after 2 delays.

My only question is the best piggyback or ecu flash. After reading the threads none seem to have consensus.

561 - 580 of 580 Posts