Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
@DougieKistheway

Not sure those Nike boots will provide much protection past light abrasion. Any impact or heavy abrasion and you’re likely to suffer some damage to your feet and/or ankles.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
@DougieKistheway Welcome! Very glad you joined us!

Tell us more about your experience with the Big Ears, and how they compared with foam ear protection.
I might shed some light here. I have some custom made ear plugs that were made for me at the Dallas Cycle World Show several years ago. Reading about Big Ears, it appears to be the same. They pour a liquid rubber material in you ear, pick your colors (I picked Red for Right and bLack for Left), let it set in your ear to shape, and then pull it and let it dry for a few hours. Then they trim it when you pick it up.

In my experience, it's as good as it gets. Really works well. I think because the top of the earplugs fit into the top of my ear, that is levers the plugs in my ear so they stay tight. A few years ago one of the ear plugs cracked at the tip end, I glued it but it finally got too loose so I it broke off, it didn't affect the earplug's performance. I was concerned that I'd need another pair, thankfully I didn't.

Before I got these, I only had good luck with the foam barrel types. None of the others would work. I keep some of those disposables as spares in case I lose these.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm planning to buy a new back and chest protector but not at this time as my business is hit by the effects of COVID. I used to wear a back and chest protector but when I moved to San Jose from Modesto I may have left it there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@DougieKistheway Welcome! Very glad you joined us!

Tell us more about your experience with the Big Ears, and how they compared with foam ear protection.
Thank you! Glad to finally join.

Well, I'm a new Big Ear hearing protection user. I just got mine before the pandemic started.They are the best fitting earplugs I've tried since they are custom made. They might feel a bit weird at first but after 15-20 mins they're just perfect. Their customer service is awesome too.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts