Ducati SuperSport Forum banner

Another good ride out..........

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  amoslws 
#1 ·
Still putting a few miles on the Supersport, but finding no improvement in neutral. Moving the bike doesnt help. I can select neutral if I do it rolling to a stop. But if I stop, no matter moving the bike forwards or backwards neutral is impossible to select. I'm having to turn the engine off at times still in gear with the clutch pulled in.

Other than that it's great. Needs yet another clean. Some of you (in the UK) may recognise this place?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes I saw that and found it interesting. My understanding is that Ducati use a semi synthetic from the factory with a change to fully synthetic at 600 miles. I'm loathe to change the oil early, don't want to affect warranty. I need to log the problem with the dealer, I'm hoping it will improve with miles and a change of oil at the first service. Fingers crossed.

#5 ·
Hi steeve,

Same problem when i was totally stopped , but now after 650km / 400miles i can find neutral easier than before.

#6 ·
Still putting a few miles on the Supersport, but finding no improvement in neutral. Moving the bike doesnt help. I can select neutral if I do it rolling to a stop. But if I stop, no matter moving the bike forwards or backwards neutral is impossible to select. I'm having to turn the engine off at times still in gear with the clutch pulled in.
Steeve, I've always found neutral easy to find on Ducatis when rolling before a stop. If that's working, who needs to find it once stopped?

#8 ·
I think it's a Ducati feature... everywhere I read problems to find neutral on Ducati, especially first kilometers.
Also on my SuperSport I have the same symptomps... it seems the situation is better after the first oil change.
On test ride I had not much problems (bike with 1000+ kilometers)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.