Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tested the antilock brakes yesterday and they work great. During tourist season we have lots of mopeds. (bicycle with motors - technically) They all ride in the middle of the road (illegal). Yesterday a came up on a moped in the middle of the road and slowed down - the moped then veered to the right, then took a hard left right in front of me - stopped only inches from hitting him. If i didn't have to get to work, he'd be the first person with a moped in his a$$.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Yeah that is the most annoying habit of some road users. Do they think they are driving a 100ft 50m articulated truck, why do they turn wide and then make a sharp opposite turn up a driveway or whatever. 456 man, seriously the amount of near misses I have had because of those idiots. We don't have many scooters here, mostly used for girls going to high school, but [email protected] car drivers they do it often.
Actually by law (not Tennessee apparently)( @se7en ) when changing direction one should indicate for minimum 3 seconds but they are doing S-manoeuvres so how to indicate that intention I don't know.

Oh, back to your point, yes I had my abs working yesterday where I almost went into the back of a toyota landcruiser because of a sh!tty driver on the phone while driving, I think I will be turning back off though because I think I could have stopped sooner. I usually have it turned off but I thought I would ride with it on to see how good they work.

Edit:
On the plus side, I found there is no hard rigourous vibration through the bike when the abs is operational, its quite subtle, just as the DTC is also subtle. Good work there bosch and ducati.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Definitely good to know. What setting did you have them on? I changed my modes to have ABS 3 and TC 4 on sport. I love the throttle on sport but I'm nowhere near as experienced as many riders so having the added TC and ABS makes me feel a little bit more comfortable.

·
Registered
274 Posts
My personal tuning ;

Sport mode
Abs 1 ( less intrusive)
Dtc 3

I ride every day in dangerous city traffics and short highway, surrounded of mediterraneen drivers.

WE, i ride on roads with lot of curves, that's the reason i put a sprocket 14.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts