Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm looking for a nice pipe for my SuperSport S and I love the look and sound of the dual pipe. I understand that I would have to delete my passenger pegs....that sucks (for me) so bad especially since older SuperSport bikes had both in their setup. The question I actually have is does anyone know of a nice pipe setup that will give me the nice sound like the full dual pipe exhaust system? I'm seriously close to just buying the Akopovic slip-on but I'm worried it will sound close to stock and not provide much of a change or only minor if any. The stock exhaust is not horrible but definitely could be improved especially when in 2-6 gear and mid-high range revs.

Any info on helping me understand what decision I should make would be greatly appreciated. I just don' t want to pull the trigger and find a better exhaust system that can allow me to keep the rear pegs. Not sure if the akorpovic slip-on is pricey just because of the carbon fiber cover.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hello All,

I'm looking for a nice pipe for my SuperSport S and I love the look and sound of the dual pipe. I understand that I would have to delete my passenger pegs....that sucks (for me) so bad especially since older SuperSport bikes had both in their setup. The question I actually have is does anyone know of a nice pipe setup that will give me the nice sound like the full dual pipe exhaust system? I'm seriously close to just buying the Akopovic slip-on but I'm worried it will sound close to stock and not provide much of a change or only minor if any. The stock exhaust is not horrible but definitely could be improved especially when in 2-6 gear and mid-high range revs.

Any info on helping me understand what decision I should make would be greatly appreciated. I just don' t want to pull the trigger and find a better exhaust system that can allow me to keep the rear pegs. Not sure if the akorpovic slip-on is pricey just because of the carbon fiber cover.
I'd wait a while before pulling the trigger. The new SS hasn't been in-market long enough for the Aftermarket to design/release their exhaust systems. And, OBTW, I had the opportunity to compare the stock system to the Akra slip-ons. Unless you like the "look" change to the tune of $1300, save your money; hardly any sound difference.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I'm more than pleased with my slip ons. The bike is loud as stock and the note with the slip ons is stunning at speed.

I'm sure that it being such a popular new model they'll be queuing up to make pipes. It may be harder to fit a unit without the cat as up to now it's not possible to reprogramme the ECU. But I'm sure there will be some way past this. Although I have an Audi and any change to the ECU on the shows up a TD1 flag.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts