Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
"...372 pounds, dry...” "...100 hp...” This bike looks like fun!

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
This cracked me up when the author established a baseline reference to the 600cc class:

3. Too specialized—focus group testing always shows that motorcyclists enjoy twist-and-go torque at any rpm, not a power-genie who explodes out of his bottle only above 10,000 rpm.

·
Registered
431 Posts
No word yet on pricing - well not in the UK anyway

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not a great fan. It looks like little superbike (400 ninja, gsxr 125...)
It would be better without fairing as they done with the 550 svx 13 years ago.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Nice bike, but about 25-30 lbs lighter than my SS. Torque is quite a bit lower, 50 versus 70 ft/lbs, I believe.

Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I'd like to ride that and the KTM 890. They seem like pretty nice bikes.

·
Registered
431 Posts
It looks like a decent bike, would love to get a Demo ride on one and see how it compares the Supersport

Reactions: Mr Ex and Ed K

·
Super Moderator
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Very nicely done bike! Very balanced review.

Not too surprising that he indicated “more exciting than the Ducati”. The 660 has about 4 inches less wheelbase with the same rake and trail and weighs about 30 lbs less than the SS. It’s wheelbase is even about 2 inches shorter than my Scrambler! So this bike is going to be in it’s element, super flippable, and super fun in real-world tight twisties. But not as stable on the open road.

The SS on the other hand was designed as a more over-all bike. It will be interesting to see what Aprilia changes for the Tuono version of the 660. For example, will they change the wheelbase and/or rake and trail? Will it be equipped with some kind of pannier option? It will be interesting to see.

·
Registered
431 Posts
If I was in the market to change bikes, based on the reviews so far, I would be temped by the RS660 subject to a test ride.
For me, it has a lot of the 'goodies' that the Supersport is currently lacking.

Reactions: Mr Ex and Ed K

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
If I was in the market to change bikes, based on the reviews so far, I would be temped by the RS660 subject to a test ride.
For me, it has a lot of the 'goodies' that the Supersport is currently lacking.
I agree, however I would wait (or is it am waiting) on the Factory version with the Ohlins suspension and fun goodies that one will come with :)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Was looking around Aprilia’s website and you can “preorder” them now in the US and Canada. They offer a factory Ohlins shock for $1100, an Akra pipe for $1400 and a comfort seat for $160. I speced out a bike with all that and it came in right around $13.5k with a $250 credit they are offering for preorders. Cool bike for that money.

Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
242 Posts
I wonder, will we the rise of the "sensible sportsbike" in the 2020's? Watching the MCN review made me think that. It just could be that our beloved SS has started a new trend now enforced byt the Aprilia (and Honda to a degree).

21 - 40 of 41 Posts