Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
41 - 60 of 110 Posts
Discussion starter · #43 ·
I went through the 17 pages there but didn't find an update about the hugger/ rear fender. What post # please?
This thread talk about windscreens, if you are looking for one you 've now tinted ducati, powerbronze, puig and ermax (mine).

If you 're looking for a rear hugger , actually there is only a hugger extension done by pyramid plastic.

https://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/...MONSTER+821+HUGGER+EXTENSION&partNumber=07517

Perhaps somebody has seen something else...

Reactions: BernieM
Ok so I decided to order the extension hugger from https://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk . It will do the job till someone comes out with a decent one
my hugger extension has arrived. I have removed the higher and glued the extension on leaving it to set over night and will fit it sometime tomorrow. I think it will work fine. Will post results soon

Attachments

my hugger extension has arrived. I have removed the higher and glued the extension on leaving it to set over night and will fit it sometime tomorrow. I think it will work fine. Will post results soon
You shouldn't have to do that. Why Ducati put a hugger on the bike that isn't fit for purpose is beyond me.
The Desmosedici has one that almost covers the wheel, don't want one quite as big but surely they could have designed a hugger that actually works.:mad: Rant over.

You shouldn't have to do that. Why Ducati put a hugger on the bike that isn't fit for purpose is beyond me.
The Desmosedici has one that almost covers the wheel, don't want one quite as big but surely they could have designed a hugger that actually works.:mad: Rant over.
I agree and an aftermarket hugger was going to be one of my 1st mods but I have waited too long and spent hours and hours looking. But turns out this aint going to be too bad :grin2: Cheep will do the job and doesn't look bad.

Ok done but what a frickin shitass crapfuck job. What should have been a relatively easy job turned into a nightmare and modification. 1st the extension is too close to the tyre and would probably hit the tyre and snap off or worse if not modified.once it is adjusted it is fine. The problem started when one of the bolts snapped off in the swing arm, a very car full drill and reverse out was needed, could easily have gone pair shaped but it worked perfectly with no damage. Than after fitting the hugger it was too close to the tyre. So I hade to add 4 x penny washers to the bolt behind the tyre ( nightmare) then three washers under the left hand side bolt, The R/H side Cabot be adjusted so I have temporarily added a trim clip with a cable tie around the Ohlins gas cylinder. And hey presto it?s done and works. So if you want a cheep hugger solution that needs a little modification before it fits then this is it

Attachments

Hmm. I's been thinking about one of those extensions but all that fannying around to get it to fit kinda puts me off. Looks like Ducati were a bit heavy with the loctite when they put the hugger bolts in.
I'll find out how mine are soon. Over the winter I intend to undo the rear shock bottom bolt, grease it and refit it. The 1200 Multi has a similar arrangement where the bolt for the bottom shock eye is threaded into the swinging arm. They are put together dry and after a few years they corrode in and are almost impossible to get out.

Hmm. I's been thinking about one of those extensions but all that fannying around to get it to fit kinda puts me off. Looks like Ducati were a bit heavy with the loctite when they put the hugger bolts in.
I'll find out how mine are soon. Over the winter I intend to undo the rear shock bottom bolt, grease it and refit it. The 1200 Multi has a similar arrangement where the bolt for the bottom shock eye is threaded into the swinging arm. They are put together dry and after a few years they corrode in and are almost impossible to get out.
when you have a good look at the bolt you can see an imperfection, that's why it broke. That's the thing with bolts most are ok but a small percentage have flaws whether there on a wheelbarrow a Rolls Royce or a Ducati:| just got to cross your fingers and hope.

41 - 60 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.