Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Heard the first batch of bikes will arrive early May in Sydney.
That's better than June as was originally expected. Having said that, I'll wait till I get a call from the dealer saying that it is actually here, before getting excited...Too many vague statements regarding deliveries by aussie dealers.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, we can't complain too much. Interesting that Ducati produces and delivers to countries where it's still snowing well before even producing the bikes to send to Australia.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yes, we can't complain too much. Interesting that Ducati produces and delivers to countries where it's still snowing well before even producing the bikes to send to Australia.
I think we just don't have the volumes in demand as these other countries.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Yup my sentiment too, I am in South Africa and nearing the end of summer, actually past it but its still 30C. By the time mine arrives in May we will have cold mornings of 10C. I understand why europe gets theirs first, it's so they can promote the bike for european spring aimed at guys looking for a new machine for 2017.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When i spoke to a dealer last week i was told that the bikes arent even on the water. There are a lot of unknowns about when australia will get its first batch of bikes. May... or may not...

·
Registered
212 Posts
The first shipment of bikes to Australia are on the water.
I got a message from Ducati Australia this morning saying " First shipment to arrive in May:|"
You would think they would be a bit more specific provided that the bikes are on the water?

Mind you, I'm not questioning your source. I can understand the dealers being vague about dates given the fact that Ducati australia themselves really don't bother...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Advised by Fraser. Probably can't commit to a specific date due to Customs clearance etc.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
It's a small company and there does seem to be great demand for it, so I suppose that means a wait. Might help with residuals though long term?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts