Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ducati Supersport S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E09F1FFE-9F12-4DF7-AA5B-FB571923E441.jpeg

Who has the Ducabike 20mm bar risers? If you like them, how tall are you? I'm 5’10” or 177cm and I think the risers would make longer-distance rides easier, say 400 miles per day for a week. Thoughts? Pic for interest.

·
Super Moderator
6,428 Posts
If you haven’t already, you might use the Forum “Search” function for “risers” to find a number of threads on the subject.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I put them on my bike, 5' 10" here. I can't feel a lot of difference. But I did want more support to raise my gut to keep from scratching the tank. Unfortunately I scratched it bigtime getting of the bike with an open zipper at the gas station. I've since had the tank wrapped clear and another CF-look layer over the scratches.

I ride with a tankback but seldom lean on it. Perhaps I'll move it a little further towards me and try?

BTW- the Ducabike parts work and fit well, no wobble, nice style (I got black ones)

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
It's your bike so you should do whatever you need to do to make it fit.

If you sit in a natural position and reach for the handlebars do they feel as if they are too low? When you're riding the bike are your wrists cocked? If so, the risers might help.

Reactions: Red AF

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have some 40mm risers for sale if you're interested. Everyone is different, my bike came with the risers from the last rider who was taller than me (I'm 6'). I didn't really care for them because I like to get low on the bike when I'm going freeway speed. YMMV.

·
Registered
2020 Ducati Supersport S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The bike is pretty comfortable as is. It isn’t a Panigale, after all. But after a few hours the wrists begin to tire. I don’t want to go too high, so the Ducabike version seems appropriate. I’ll give my report! Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
82 Posts
The bike is pretty comfortable as is. It isn’t a Panigale, after all. But after a few hours the wrists begging to tire. I don’t want to go too high, so the Ducabike version seems appropriate. I’ll give my report! Thanks for the feedback!
I put them on my bike, one of the first mods I did. I'm 5 ft 51/2 in tall so I wanted to get the bars closer to me. They helped me and I don't feel I gave up any sportiness because of them. I ride mine pretty aggressively and they're great.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
The bike is pretty comfortable as is. It isn’t a Panigale, after all. But after a few hours the wrists begging to tire. I don’t want to go too high, so the Ducabike version seems appropriate. I’ll give my report! Thanks for the feedback!
You shouldn't be too high when you ride. Agree. o_O

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have 15mm risers and am 5"10". The increase makes the bike pretty much all day comfortable for me.

Reactions: Red AF
1 - 11 of 11 Posts