1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My battery is down... :(((

What should I do now?

Has anyone extracted it to have it charged? Any tips/tricks?

Thanks to all for prompt response!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Hi all,

My battery is down... :(((

What should I do now?

Has anyone extracted it to have it charged? Any tips/tricks?

Thanks to all for prompt response!
was your bike fitted with a charge point when you got it from the dealer. Most bikes Do it would have been cable tied to the left side of your fame about shin height. if so just get a charger and plug it in. Buy a charger with crocodile clips and apply it to the battery terminals and charge for a few hours. Question is why did it go flat ? did you leave something on

·
Registered
828 Posts
Isn't there a external connection on your bike to plug it to a trickle charger? I think it comes standard with the bike. Did you "oopsie" and turned the key one click too many in the off position?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Possibly, but I think I would have noticed if put it on Park..

Is it possible to remove it, and bring it to charge?

I dont think I have a charge point. Can I buy the clips and charge it using the cars battery?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Makes me think that it would have been nice to have the park light's before lock. I had turned it too far once but a fellow employee notified me not too late.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not sure you can charge it off of your car's battery. If you'll purchase a Battery Tender, you'll have what you need to charge the battery and keep it charged all during your off-season. It comes with two sets of cables. One terminates in alligator clips, the other has rings so that you can permanently attach it to your battery, then you just plug in each time you finish your ride. My dealer added this permanently attached cable when I purchased my bike. I think they add these cables to every bike they sell, because I did not request it.

Plus 12V Battery Charger

Your battery is located on the left side of the bike. Once you pull the left side faring, you will see it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
For about $77.00 you can by a Ducati battery charger / maintainer from Amazon. It comes with a connector that clips onto an outlet under the seat. It's described in the owners manual. I fed the lead down the left side and twist tied it to a down tube. Then it's easy to trickle charge the battery when the bikes not in use.

Pjk

·
Registered
442 Posts
I've been find oem batteries are not what then used to be. A Battery Tender will add some life to the battery. Even on a charger, id did replace my Triumph, BMW and Indian batteries and have not had any issues on the new ones.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Best to buy the Ducati charger/tender from your dealer, not expensive and means you don't have to remove any panels.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had the whip installed to the battery and attached to the frame. When I plugged by tender in it never went to green... just flashing yellow. I can't tell if it's attached backward to the battery or if the battery is damaged... it seems like the batteries may be suspect. I'd hate to remove the fairing just to check the connectors.

·
Registered
136 Posts
For about $77.00 you can by a Ducati battery charger / maintainer from Amazon. It comes with a connector that clips onto an outlet under the seat. It's described in the owners manual. I fed the lead down the left side and twist tied it to a down tube. Then it's easy to trickle charge the battery when the bikes not in use.

Pjk

superb idea mate, but does that act as a diagnostic plug also for services, was told so by the dealer I bought it from.
Ive not picked the bike up yet so just going by what been told

1 - 20 of 35 Posts