Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
DuPont. Easy for me. Been using it for about 10 years now. Nothing better, IMO.

I don't need a can to last me 10 years. One a year is fine.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Chi- You can get the dry lube at Lowes. I've tried it, didn't like it. The can empties really quickly.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I tried the Dupont stuff.....it lasted about a year. I've had the Chain Wax for about 20....the can is getting light now.

I ran out of kerosene about 10 years ago and got lazy to buy more and just use WD40 to clean my chains.
I was wrong about Chain Wax too.

The best stuff is Gear Oil. The kid from FortNine is right. Funny, he said that's what the chain companies recommend. Gear oil works really well, it's clean and lubes. Doesn't attract dirt.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Others say gear oil is unnecessary or should be added every 200 miles.
But anyway, now I’m gonna use this.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Matt- Watch the Fort Nine video. I've used wd40/kerosene and Chain Wax and tried the teflon dry stuff and special chain dressing.

The gear lube, stays clean and lubes well. I've not really had to clean the chain with WD40 like I did with the Wax and dressings since those products are sticky and attract dirt. The Teflon is dry stuff, I ran the can out quickly and had no idea whether it was working since it doesn't "feel" like lube. Teflon is a hard seal. So perhaps a small dose will last for months? I just had little confidence in it and was surprised the can emptied so soon.

According to F9, the chain manufacturers recommend gear oil. I've got a couple of cans of the other stuff. I might carry it with me when I travel since they spray and won't spill.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts