Ducati SuperSport Forum banner

Best GoPro mounting points

9K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Rhino 
#1 ·
For those of you who like to GoPro (or action camera) i have just about tried every where, and have come up with (my opinion) the best mounting point. Please feel free to add your own to this list with a photo. 1st photo shows a rear view capturing the rear wheel and the road behind.The camera is mounted to a clamp on the rear passenger peg. It is important to use some closed cell rubber foam to stop vibrations. 2nd is mounted onto a plate bracket fixed to the key guard bolts( this also doubles as a phone holder with a change of bracket) great for taking in the instramet panel.3rd is mounted to the left front fairing, captures the front suspension and the road ahead. If you use this position you must stop any movement or vibration of the fairing by adding closed cell foam rubber to the areas shown. You may also notice a small piece of 3M protective clear tape just in case the GoPro rubs.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
What mount is it you are using for your phone and how/where does it attach? Thx

#5 ·
2nd is mounted onto a plate bracket fixed to the key guard bolts( this also doubles as a phone holder with a change of bracket) great for taking in the instramet panel.
Assume you fabed the plate yourself? Or is it some piece for sale somewhere?

#7 ·
I just bought a special GoPro mount for my Arai Corsair X helmet that is tailored to fit the chin profile to provide better adherence using the same 3M VHB adhesive used by GoPro. The company is Ride Tech, they are in Canada. They make specialized mounts for a select group of helmets for about $30 delivered. I found two other companies doing the same, one had cheap 3D printed mounts, the other (in Singapore?) hand crafted mounts that were priced over $100 delivered. Not sure if I'll like a camera strapped to my chin but I've seen lots of people that do it, will report back after I try it.

Helmet Motorcycle helmet Footwear White Personal protective equipment

Reactions: Ed K
#8 ·
I use side helmet mount, but mostly CF mount at front of tank. Shoots thru the shield so not super clear. Mostly use as dash cam. The GoPro 7 Black does pretty good job in handling the vibration.

#9 ·
I also ordered a straight extension to try to mount on the CF ignition mount. Hoping I can elevate it a bit and push it forward to eliminate the master cylinder from the field of view. Suspect I’ll get tired of the helmet mount but we’ll see.

#14 ·
. the addition of a rear and side camera adds to me nice prospective if you are going to edit. There is no doubt a correctly placed camera gets you the best chance of a great shot.
I think that's what it comes down to, "if you are going to edit". I put very minimal editing into my videos because I don't have the software or the desire to do it.

For instance there's a 60sec cut out of a video on my IG

But look at some of the YTers that put hella effort into multi-shot multi-cam videos (Mr Fun Racing for instance) or riders that use one extremely high quality camera and audio pickups.(SuperBike Racer)

#15 ·
I’m looking to capture enough of my rides now so I have something to view and re-live the experience when I can’t ride anymore. So far the videos from my previous camera, a Sena 10C Pro, looked like bad home movies versus the action films by @Rhino. Multiple cameras would be great, I may look into that once I get through my current upgrade to video and comm systems.

Reactions: Rhino
#16 ·
the Gopro seven (Black addition) and up have unbelievable stabilization now, so no need for gimbals. The only major consideration is Having enough Hard drive space. I use portable hard Drives and Get a new one when it fills up. ( Deleting all the footage you don't want and need is harder than you think and it takes up so much time.) these little cameras hold so much Data now that the resolutions are so high (4Kplus and shutter speeds as quick as 200 fps for slow mode) along with the GPS embedder Data which can give you map overlay, lean angle, G-Forces etc means 1 small clip takes up 10 x more space than it used to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.