Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Supersport 950S
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Polling the forum here for the best VALUE lift table for a home garage in preparation for my list to Santa. There's a ton of best lift articles across the Google-sphere, but I trust my peeps here more than the current journalism experts with blog access any day! Let me know if any of you have found the best option for function and price.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I just bought one. Turns out prices have soared over the last couple years... pandemic nonsense. Availability is limited given the supply chain issues. My preference was for a Handy as they seem to be the choice of professional shops. Price was similar to other quality lifts but shipping costs are crazy now. APlusLift was second choice, followed by DirectLift, both are nice, APlusLift was a good value (order direct, not Amzon). I needed something immediately so I just went with a cheap lift table at my local HF as it was available for pickup... it's now supporting my Le Mans. Best I can say is that it works, its cheap, won't be used much, and I can move it.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: dwcook392

·
Registered
'21 Supersport 950S
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that is the one which appears to be the same on HF and Amazon (links below)....a third of the price of the next level, I'm hoping it will be quality enough to not have to spend 3x as much for the next tier. Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
The Harbor Freight one with an upgraded wheel chock. I “upgraded” to a Handy air lift table 4 years ago or so and honestly still miss the ease, size, and value the HF lift gives you. Don’t get me wrong, it’s easy to see why shops use the air lifts, and my dad had to finally replace the air seal on his 24 year old Handy this summer, $55 for the full kit and it was only a slow leak, and it’s the only work it’s needed in that time. But I’d highly recommend the standard HF unit, look for 20% off coupons.

I used this chock for years:

But it eventually became hard to get the wheel out so I’d look at bolting this:

Or:

Or these, but I have no idea when they doubled in price:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm not sure how you can beat Harbor Freight for value.

I own one and hang / ride with 2 other people who own them. None have any complaints. I host "community garage" days at my house and have had everything from a Ninja 300 - to my 950S - to a 2022 Triumph Rocket 3 on it.

Catch one of their coupons and get out the door for $350.

Shoe Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Edit: Yes, definitely replace the wheel chock. What it comes with is close to worthless. I used this: Motorcycle Wheel Chock

You can see in the pics I also removed & relocated the tie-downs to the front of the lift.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I know a few guys that have Harbor Freight lifts in their garages. A couple are top level hobbyists restorers and rebuilders.
I actually am pretty good friends with a full time motorcycle mechanic. Owns / runs his own shop for a living.

He has 2 harbor freight lifts in the shop. He isn't cheap - - he also has his own dyno, etc... He just has never had issues with the HF lifts, and they're cheap 🤷‍♂️

He says he knows mechanics in the industry who appreciate their air-lifts... You know, press a button and up/down it goes... But for several hundred more dollars per lift? 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
'21 Supersport 950S
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually am pretty good friends with a full time motorcycle mechanic. Owns / runs his own shop for a living.

He has 2 harbor freight lifts in the shop. He isn't cheap - - he also has his own dyno, etc... He just has never had issues with the HF lifts, and they're cheap 🤷‍♂️

He says he knows mechanics in the industry who appreciate their air-lifts... You know, press a button and up/down it goes... But for several hundred more dollars per lift? 🤷‍♂️
Can't seem to justify the tripled cost...seems like a no-brainer

Reactions: GPJake

·
Registered
'21 Supersport 950S
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So after being super patient waiting a WHOLE week looking for a coupon, I FINALLY got a 15% off coupon but had to drive 1.5hr away to the closest HF who had one of these lifts.

Word to the wise, be prepared to have a plan on how to unload a 315lb crate from your truck when you get home.
Wheel Tire Wood Automotive tire Truck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts