Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who else would like to have a bigger steel fuel tank on their 939 Supersport either as an aftermarket part, genuine Ducati accessory or perhaps on the next model Supersport that would be compatible with the current 939 Supersport? If there was a small increase in size from 16 to 18 litres, balance, handling, looks etc wouldn't be significantly affected but the 939 would be a better sports tourer - you could comfortably fill up around the 300 km (187.5 miles) mark if you were gentle on the throttle and still have a few litres to spare and in its role as a sports bike for the road, you could fill up around 250 km when riding the bike harder. I had a 97 Supersport which had a 17 litre tank and after changing the carbs from Mikunis to 39mm Keihins, I used to fill up around 320 km which was great. However the low seat and high pegs gave me sore knees so I sold it. The 939 is far more comfortable for sports touring but a small increase in tank size would be welcome.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I rather like the current size of the tank. It fits the overall aesthetics of the bike. Plus, nowadays I need a break at about 170-180 miles anyway. My Ninja 1000 has a 5 gallon tank and I feel like it's too big and makes the bike feel a little too top heavy when fully filled.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If an 18-20 litre steel "touring" tank was available as an accessory, much the same as panniers and a "touring" windscreen are, then those that are happy with the 16 litre tank are satisfied, and those that want a slightly bigger tank would also be satisfied.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
If you abide by the road laws @120km/h and use the throttle wisely you will get a consumption of 4 litres per 100km's. That will give you around 300km's travelling. My average consumption is 50% higher than that at 6L/100km, I am a little heavy on the throttle and cruise at 160-170km/h and get 240km per tank.

Edit: At high altitude of 4350ft, thinner air.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts