Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Interesting could you have accedently hit the cut off switch.? When I did my test ride I remember thinking that it was unusual to me to use the cutoff switch as the start button. Hopefully it's something like that as intermittent electrical faults are a *****.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Guys
Do think I hit the kill switch.
I'm going to mention it when its serviced - will let you know!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Meant to say!
Don't think I hit the kill switch!

Display went blank, does that happen if you flick the kill switch?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Out riding yesterday and bike just cutout. Rolled to the kerb side and restarted immediately! Any ideas?
Yikes. Have you tried checking the quick stuff like making sure the connections to the battery are nice and secure? Hit a bump when it cutout?

Keep us informed. Scary.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I would check the battery connection. If it was the kill switch or stand sensor - the bike would "pop" start once back in the on position.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Out riding yesterday and bike just cutout. Rolled to the kerb side and restarted immediately! Any ideas?
Hi

I have recently had a similar problem .
My bike cuts out about 10 kms after filling the tank .
In fact it has done it at the same road junction three times , after filling up .
It has occurred about 6 times in total over the past 2 months .
No warning lights come up .
It doesn't happen if I don't fill the tank to the very top .

Also when it happens , to restart I have to give it a bit of throttle , which I never normally need to do , hot or cold.

Unresolved mystery at the moment .

Out of warranty unfortunately !
( my dealer said that parts falling off in the first 1000 kms was not a warranty issue !!!! side stand , rear footrest !! -- these things must be my fault I guess )

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Hi

I have recently had a similar problem .
My bike cuts out about 10 kms after filling the tank .
In fact it has done it at the same road junction three times , after filling up .
It has occurred about 6 times in total over the past 2 months .
No warning lights come up .
It doesn't happen if I don't fill the tank to the very top .

Also when it happens , to restart I have to give it a bit of throttle , which I never normally need to do , hot or cold.

Unresolved mystery at the moment .

Out of warranty unfortunately !
( my dealer said that parts falling off in the first 1000 kms was not a warranty issue !!!! side stand , rear footrest !! -- these things must be my fault I guess )
I read this in your other post...

If it was happening to my bike I'd suspect a blocked breather somewhere. It sounds as if it is breathing through the overflow pipe, rather than the breather. When you fill the tank it could be blocking off the overflow, preventing air from entering the tank and creating a vacuum as fuel is used. When it cuts out, open the filler cap and see if you can detect air rushing in.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
If there's any connection, my bike leaks through the cap when I fill it to the brim. I usually refrain from the last inch of top up since I usually have a tank bag and don't want gas on the tank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts