Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It always takes longer the first time, right?
It took two of us. One to hold the mirror and another to screw it in. I suppose there's an easier way?

Looks like I'll splice the stupid cord.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Order it from your dealer. I just ordered some parts through my local dealer (Motocorsa, Portland OR) on 8/26 and they arrived yesterday (8/31) from Italy. It's not as long as you think it may be, and that was over a weekend too. I had the same expierence ordering replacement fairings, showed up 5 days later. I think they use DHL Air for everything.

I broke this same switch changing out my levers. I replaced it myself, the connection is under the front/nose fairing. You'll need to remove the mirrors and IIRC (three years ago when I did it), the windscreen+bracket and nose fairing. If you're clever, you can do it without removing the windscreen+bracket.
Psy, I'm looking at a photo of a used cowl on eBay. It looks like there two fasteners on the corners, one grommet in the front and both mirror fasteners. Then the cowl should pull out from the front of the bike.

Assuming that's all the connections, are the corner fasteners the same ones that fit into the side fairings (under the black plastic covers) or are they a different pair of bolts?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You know what? Bike works fine. When I was trouble shooting the switch I forget to take it off the sidestand trying to start it. Bending the little metal switch fixed it after all.

Ok, I'm both dumb and dumber.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Assuming that's all the connections, are the corner fasteners the same ones that fit into the side fairings (under the black plastic covers) or are they a different pair of bolts?

You know what? Bike works fine. When I was trouble shooting the switch I forget to take it off the sidestand trying to start it. Bending the little metal switch fixed it after all.

Ok, I'm both dumb and dumber.
Yes, but it seems you won't need to worry about it. Glad to hear it's working as it should. :)

I can't tell you the number of times I've said the same thing about myself!

Reactions: LowRyter

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks Psy, you're quite kind with your advice and humility. I'd like to be as helpful and generous as you've been.

I have two other Italian bikes that have failed sidestand switches that are "safe" no more. I fixed this one by straightening the little spring lever but didn't know it after I tried to start it with the kickstand down. 😕

So I won't have to break into the cowl or splice any wires. I need to cancel my order for a new microswitch tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
3 Oh no :eek: your bike fell over hopefully your not having a bad run was this after your little spill in the Ozarks. At least your in the right place to get advice to fix it there are some smart helpful people on this forum. hope you get it sorted.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts