Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aftermarket brake & clutch levers for the Supersport (not the Supersport S - does not work with the quickshifter).

£30 posted to the UK

Please note that these are not designed to work with a quickshifter fitted. These were bought for me but unfortunately, were not designed for the S, so they have never been used.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Why won't they work with the quickshifter?

I have the shortened CNC racing clutch (and brake) levers and they work fine and have not impacted on the DQS. Is there something I'm missing?

·
Registered
960 Posts
If they fail to push in the pin switch on the clutch lever, the bike would always think the clutch is pulled in is my guess.

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
If they fail to push in the pin switch on the clutch lever, the bike would always think the clutch is pulled in is my guess.
Yes, there are some compatibility issues with some levers...that generally have been overcome with careful assembly. But it can affect the QS if not installed correctly.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,614 Posts
As @Miweber929 says above, it's because they don't operate the clutch microswitch. The microswitch disables the QS when you do a manual gear change but it also enables the bike to be started in gear as long as the clutch lever is pulled in. It's a right scunner having to find neutral to get it started again if you stall the bike :mad:
I have a similar pair fitted to my bike and I drilled a hole and fitted a very short piece of M4 threaded rod near to the pivot to operate the microswitch. Here is a picture of the OEM lever on the right and the modified adjustable lever on the left.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
The bike will start providing it's in neutral without pulling in the clutch lever, if it's in gear the side stand needs to be up and the clutch lever pulled.
Yep. That's as it should be, otherwise you couldn't warm the bike while donning ATGATT...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts