Ducati SuperSport Forum banner

C Spanner

6K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  LowRyter 
#1 ·
I purchased a 1098/1198 C spanner through Amazon for a reasonable price ($20 US), and it fits pretty well.

The curvature of the C spanner is wider than the curvature of the hub...I guess by design to get it on the hub easily(?).

Are they all like that?

What are the thoughts from the SS intelligentsia about this?

https://www.amazon.com/Ducati-Chain-Adjuster-Tool-1098/dp/B005CW9S0Y

#3 ·
Just to be clear, there are two different sizes of spanner wrenches. I actually bought the wrong size the first time, then I bought one that said Ohlins on it. I also just bought one so I can adjust my chain. Here is what I bought for reference,

Chain adjustment tool - Amazon.com: EuroJamb ducchainwrench00000000 STAINLESS STEEL Ducati Chain Adjuster Tool STAINLESS Monster 1098 MV Agusta: Automotive

Rear shock tool - Amazon.com: Ohlins Shock Spanner Wrench: Automotive

I also bought one of these for chain maintenance and cleaning my red rims(can't have brake dust on them) - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PKQPLC3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#8 ·
#9 ·
Could you make a double-ended wrench with one end the size of the chain adjuster/rear hub and the other end to fit the Ohlins shock? Sorry, I don't have the dimensions. but hopefully we could get that together. Might be a little money-maker for ya! I volunteer to be beta tester!
-Tom

#12 ·
@Oldrider in my S version I simply took the diameter of the shock "screw" [sorry, lack of word] and in my case it was 80 mm, I bought the tool that has a range 80-90, I'm sure if in standard is different you can +/- measure the width and you find easily, at least I saw almost all of them had broader option than one specific value. My ordered was the second cheapest one and still looks enough, Dave never used superpower to move the rings and tells not to force it so much either when finishing.

#14 ·
OK. I was hoping to find a guy with the base model who had a tool to recommend. Not finding one I decided to be that guy. Taking Grossi.BP’s advice, I measured and came up with the 80mm he did for S.

I bought this set:

They seem to fit quite well though the space is a bit tricky to navigate.

#17 ·
I have an swinging type hook wrench in my toolbox somewhere. I just thought of it and really haven't had a need to try it. I think I'll get it and do a test fit. I also have one of those hooks that slip into a 3/8 ratchet that I got with another shock - if I can find it.

I guess I'll do a scavenger hunt.

#18 ·
I had a session with Dave 35 min ago. Yep, the best would be to take out the rear passengers foot frames. I was too stressed but He said me: relax, make it slow steps, I will count :) and if there is a problem you can go other way. Ayyyy I have today and tomorrow BIG RAIN... tomorrow I wanted to test the settings on a track day... :/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.