Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

Interested?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

You might have seen my post about my bike, but let's go past it, I am trying to forget about it.

To the point. I am thinking on making carbon fiber parts (most of the parts). I have had a little experience with carbon before, not massive but I do know some stuff. My question is, if I do the parts (given they come out good quality) who will be interested on buying some parts?

Of course I will do my bike first, and show it to you guys first. I was just thinking if there's any interest from you guys, I could do a more durable mould and do a few more to whoever is interested.

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I would be interested dependent on quality and price. Would you offer the parts in both plain and twill weave? Any idea what sort of parts you would be making?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would be interested dependent on quality and price. Would you offer the parts in both plain and twill weave? Any idea what sort of parts you would be making?
I like more the twill weave, but once the mould is done it can be done on either, on different colors as well, I have embeded on my head on doing the fairings, those are the ones I wan to do first, but they are quite complex to be realistic. I am gonna start with mudguards first and perhaps the key barrel cover. But at late I want to do everysingle part that can be done on it.

The cost it would come on a latter discussion, but you beign the first customer you got the advantage there :p!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I could be interested but depending on the carbon final look to match with the parts I already have.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I know that some cf companies, Ilmberger for example, Rear fender long gloss Carbon - Ducati Supersport 939 S Ilmberger Carbon manufacture an extended hugger, so maybe having a look at producing that would be an option. The OEM sized one doesn't do a good job of keeping road spray/crap off the rear end - don't get me wrong, I know the road spray/crap won't be eliminated by an extended hugger (it's part of biking after all) but one that gives a bit more protection would be a bonus.

I have a cf hugger, chain guard in twill that near as damn it matches the cf on my SC Projects end cans. Matching different manufactures cf is a nightmare.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the extended Ilmberger hugger. I don't think it makes any difference, haha. Having a smaller tail tidy doesn't help either because it doesn't block the fling as well as the stock one does.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have the extended Ilmberger hugger. I don't think it makes any difference, haha. Having a smaller tail tidy doesn't help either because it doesn't block the fling as well as the stock one does.
Yes it's a trade off. A Tail Tidy to me is essential as it really does smarten up the rear end of any bike, but then you get all the crud thrown up that would have been partially blocked by the OEM number plate hanger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts