Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I have only seen very impressive promo's on this stuff but no testimonials ? looks good but is it ? what does that stuff look like after its been on for months ? Im with you need to know more then I'm in :grin2:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have only seen very impressive promo's on this stuff but no testimonials ? looks good but is it ? what does that stuff look like after its been on for months ? Im with you need to know more then I'm in :grin2:

While I can see this working on the glossy red bikes, I’m a bit leary of the matte white finish....however, I just realized I still have my damaged body panels from my accident, I bet I could test them with this process and see what the results would be, could prove quite interesting! :nerd:

·
Registered
212 Posts
While I can't vouch for this particular brand, I've had great experience with opti-coat (similar concept) on my car. Had it done professionally in 2013, and water still beads after 5 years. I've never waxed/polished it. I do keep it very clean most of the time though. The paint looks 'almost' brand new every time I wash it.

I haven't bothered with my bike as it is always garaged apart from the time I ride it. From memory I think I paid around AUD 700 back then.

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
IDK about this stuff...I'm leery. Anytime I see something heavily discounted, its makes me think its crap and they're trying to sell off inventory. Purchase at your own risk. I would rather have the real thing professionally applied...like Opti-Coat that 1life stated. Although I've never had this applied, I've several friends that have and they swear by it. I've seen the results and it is quite impressive.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I’ve been looking into it for over a yr... spoke to a few places and ceramic pro head office in America .. it won’t stop stone chips (PPF is what ceramic pro suggest if you want to stop scratches) but graffiti comes straight off , road grime and bird poop ect , UV protection , won’t fade and looks like brand new and shiny , life time warranty and never need to polish , dirt will come straight off with water and a rag if it’s something really bad.. it’s been done over a yr ago on a white sss and came out great.. can’t find video now tho.. I’m getting it done as soon as the rest of my carbon from fullsix arrives... you would need heaps and heaps of layers to have it scratch proof . Would cost you nearly thousands...!!! To get it to that point... cheaper to respray if scratched. But besides the scratch resistance it works wonders...! Will look better than showroom condition always.. with not much effort to wash.. I was ment to get it done b4 I picked bike up but now waiting till all carbon on it..

·
Premium Member
2,188 Posts
From a trustworthy and reliable source, recommend those interested in ceramic finishes take a look at the Autogeek site for finish information.

They also have a user forum for members.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From a trustworthy and reliable source, recommend those interested in ceramic finishes take a look at the Autogeek site for finish information.

They also have a user forum for members.
I actually went to a local place that does this stuff, figured it’d be safer having it done by a professional rather than DIY and screwing it up. The guy there said he do my bike for $300 which I thought was rather reasonable, I’ll have him do some test spots on the damaged panels first to see if I like the results. :smile2:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I actually went to a local place that does this stuff, figured it’d be safer having it done by a professional rather than DIY and screwing it up. The guy there said he do my bike for $300 which I thought was rather reasonable, I’ll have him do some test spots on the damaged panels first to see if I like the results. :smile2:
You could leave the test pieces outside, open to all that Mother Nature can throw at them. That should give it a good test.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just had my red SSS ceramic coated with Ceramic Pro. Cost me $350 for the whole bike including wheels, brake calipers, frame and all plastics. Also includes a 5 year warranty through Ceramic Pro. From what I can see, I highly recommend this stuff and I see no reason why it can't be used on the silk white either. For those of you in OC, SoCal, I'd definitely recommend you give Mike's Mobile Detailing a call if you want quality ceramic finish. He did a great job at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just had my red SSS ceramic coated with Ceramic Pro. Cost me $350 for the whole bike including wheels, brake calipers, frame and all plastics. Also includes a 5 year warranty through Ceramic Pro. From what I can see, I highly recommend this stuff and I see no reason why it can't be used on the silk white either. For those of you in OC, SoCal, I'd definitely recommend you give Mike's Mobile Detailing a call if you want quality ceramic finish. He did a great job at a reasonable price.
Same here, mine was $300 but I was so pleased I threw in an extra $50.

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Saw this stuff on a a youtube channel I look at. twowheelobsession has a great video on detailing a bike. He was very into detailing and then suddenly had a video about applying a DIY ceramic paint coating which he has used and is a big fan of. the below video is a product video from the manufacturer on the stuff he used. Looks like something i just may try

@jaggercat I see a tank protector in your pics. Did you remove that and apply a new one after the ceramic gloss treatment?

Duke

1 - 20 of 27 Posts