Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took delivery of my Supersport S with the Akra full exhaust and ECU reflash over the weekend. I actually picked it up and headed right out for a group ride through NW Oregon. About 5 miles into the ride I noticed that the reflash reset the fuel consumption to L/KM and I think the Average speed to KM/H. I continued on the ride but wanted to track fuel consumption with the new map.

Being an American, all those funny modern data points were worthless to me, so this morning I went about changing all the units back to something more Imperial. After doing that the stored trip meter data was erased (even though I didn't change that unit), as was the fuel consumption data and average speed data.

My expected behavior was that they would convert to the newly assigned units and not erase the recorded data. Empirically, the same distance was traveled, and the same volume of fuel was consumed.

:(

Just a FYI.

Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I do recall the distance and just found my fuel receipt. 156 miles at 3.744 gallons -- 41 mpg with some moderately fast riding on curvy roads.

Interestingly, when I got gas my fuel light had been on for 25+ miles and the dash was indicating my remaining range at 7 miles.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I took delivery of my Supersport S with the Akra full exhaust and ECU reflash over the weekend. I actually picked it up and headed right out for a group ride through NW Oregon. About 5 miles into the ride I noticed that the reflash reset the fuel consumption to L/KM and I think the Average speed to KM/H. I continued on the ride but wanted to track fuel consumption with the new map.

Being an American, all those funny modern data points were worthless to me, so this morning I went about changing all the units back to something more Imperial. After doing that the stored trip meter data was erased (even though I didn't change that unit), as was the fuel consumption data and average speed data.

My expected behavior was that they would convert to the newly assigned units and not erase the recorded data. Empirically, the same distance was traveled, and the same volume of fuel was consumed.

:(

Just a FYI.
Yes, i think it does say so in the manual. Change of units resets the recorded data.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, i think it does say so in the manual. Change of units resets the recorded data.
Guess I should read the manual and reset my expectations. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. BTW, my first tank, stock, was 42.5. Just as a potential data point if you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts