Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of different opinions on this Forum about this subject.

This vid does not make judgements, but physically dissects two helmets that I found interesting.

Would have been better, imo, if they had also compared two upper end lids...e.g. Arai vs Shoei.

Very long vid...recommend skipping through to the dissection and related comments parts.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
I hadn't realised the pin locks were rated.
After watching I jumped up to check if my shoei evo pin lock has a rating. On one side it has R-Pin lock Evo and the other has 061. I don't find anything indicating the rating of the pin lock... Unless the 061 is the rating.
I googled for a rating but found nothing for the shoei evo pin lock.

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Very informative video, I recall watching it a while ago. I have never been a believer in paying huge dollars for a helmet but don't like cheap no-name one's either. I have crashed lots in my MX days as well as a few on sport bikes and never have had any head related injuries. Most important to me is good snug properly fitting one which has a good rating beyond DOT, Snell or ECE, MotoGP require ECE rating. I usually look to the mid-range price point Scorpion or HJC which fit my head shape the best. The top price brands are of high quality when it comes to materials and overall workmanship/details and do tend to last longer IMO but I don't believe they are necessarily safer in the event of a crash.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'll pay top dollar for one that fits my head. I am a pretty long oval, so the Arai long oval fits, and strangely, the new Shoei Neotech 2 fit fine, but not as well as the custom fit Arai I bought previously.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts