Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
DucatiSupersport939.net Vendor
117 Posts
They are also available for purchase at www.supersportcentral.com

NRC also released a front led turn signal. I guess for those people are are looking to install bar end mirror, these are a great option to block off the holes left by the mirrors. You can also run their front signal kit to ensure you have front signals. Their LED's are super bright and we really like them for the fact that you don't compromise on safety with their signals.

https://supersportcentral.com/collections/mirror-block-offs/products/nrc-mirror-block-off-plates-for-ducati-supersport-supersport-s

Also the LED front turn signals are available by themselves or with the mirror block off plates here > https://supersportcentral.com/colle...g-and-play-for-ducati-supersport-supersport-s

Remember that forum members get a discount, use the discount code SSFORUM at checkout.

·
Registered
543 Posts
What we need is mirror block off plates with turn signals built into those.

I dont know, i kind of like those turn signals they showed mounted under the windscreen. Of course, they really need to color match the block-offs to to fairing, IMO.

·
Registered
246 Posts
NRC mirror block offs

I received the NRC mirror block offs. The product, however, arrived with no installation instructions and it is not on the website. I've written to NRC but no reply yet. One can intuitively figure this out looking at their photo on the website. Assuming that I've done this correctly, WITHOUT INSTRUCTIONS, anyone doing this should note that you must be careful not to tear/ rip the existing OEM mirror rubber gaskets because you'll be re-using these. Also unlike the Panigale YouTube vids, the Supersport fairing has a much smaller access to the block off areas. Therefore to slide in the "backing" plate on the inner portion of the fairing requires some smaller hands/ long fingers. As expected, I lost one of the plates in the fairing and had a tough time fishing it out (avoiding the need to take the fairing off). Lastly, the kit came with screw and nuts but I couldn't figure how to attach the nuts (let alone get a wrench in the tight space). So I used Threadlocker and the screws seem to hold tight. But hope NRC actually sends me instructions to correct anything I did wrong.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
I received the NRC mirror block offs. The product, however, arrived with no installation instructions and it is not on the website. I've written to NRC but no reply yet. One can intuitively figure this out looking at their photo on the website. Assuming that I've done this correctly, WITHOUT INSTRUCTIONS, anyone doing this should note that you must be careful not to tear/ rip the existing OEM mirror rubber gaskets because you'll be re-using these. Also unlike the Panigale YouTube vids, the Supersport fairing has a much smaller access to the block off areas. Therefore to slide in the "backing" plate on the inner portion of the fairing requires some smaller hands/ long fingers. As expected, I lost one of the plates in the fairing and had a tough time fishing it out (avoiding the need to take the fairing off). Lastly, the kit came with screw and nuts but I couldn't figure how to attach the nuts (let alone get a wrench in the tight space). So I used Threadlocker and the screws seem to hold tight. But hope NRC actually sends me instructions to correct anything I did wrong.
Still holding up good? Did u get your instructions from NRC? Thx

·
Registered
246 Posts
Still holding up good? Did u get your instructions from NRC? Thx
I totally forgot about this. Thx for asking. I got the instructions 48 hours later. I can't upload to this due to the size limit. I apparently have done it right.

The biggest issue has been that one of the block offs has moved and that's the screw has come loose. I didn't want to over tighten but I'll have to try this again.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I totally forgot about this. Thx for asking. I got the instructions 48 hours later. I can't upload to this due to the size limit. I apparently have done it right.

The biggest issue has been that one of the block offs has moved and that's the screw has come loose. I didn't want to over tighten but I'll have to try this again.
How big is the file size for the instructions and are they in pdf? PM me with details and maybe I can fix it so it can be posted.

·
Registered
246 Posts
How do you like those Rizoma mirrors? They look nice. I’ve been vascillating between the round and the retro oblong. Are yours 60mm or 80mm? How’s the view?
I have the 80mm, with hope of maximizing rear view = safety. I've had bar ends mirrors before for my other Ducatis, including the Rizoma Retros, which are equivalent in function IMO to these Spy model. Thus it's all personal aesthetics. Personally I prefer fairing mirrors, such as the ones you posted re: requesting Rizoma to make the Veloce mirrors for the 939SS. If they do that, I will go back to fairing mirrors because it takes split second look down to look through the bar end mirrors vs. the fairing mirrors. I think that can be a critical amount of time for street riding/ esp, heavy traffic/ lane switching. But overall I went to the bar ends as that was all there was for now and the OEM fairing mirrors are poor (vibration at > 60mph). Now that I think of it more, any bar ends hamper my quick decision making for lane changes; so god I hope some alternative comes out for the fairing mirrors.

The view is clear with these Rizoma Spy mirrors. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
FWIW, as a follow up: since the installation, I've been unable to keep one of the block plates from moving during rides. It won't hold in place but swivels about 90 degrees no matter how hard I try to screw down the center screw. Well, as one would expect, the center post has come out and I can't get the screw out of the center nut.

I've requested a replacement from NRC.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I have the 80mm, with hope of maximizing rear view = safety. I've had bar ends mirrors before for my other Ducatis, including the Rizoma Retros, which are equivalent in function IMO to these Spy model. Thus it's all personal aesthetics. Personally I prefer fairing mirrors, such as the ones you posted re: requesting Rizoma to make the Veloce mirrors for the 939SS. If they do that, I will go back to fairing mirrors because it takes split second look down to look through the bar end mirrors vs. the fairing mirrors. I think that can be a critical amount of time for street riding/ esp, heavy traffic/ lane switching. But overall I went to the bar ends as that was all there was for now and the OEM fairing mirrors are poor (vibration at > 60mph). Now that I think of it more, any bar ends hamper my quick decision making for lane changes; so god I hope some alternative comes out for the fairing mirrors.

The view is clear with these Rizoma Spy mirrors. Hope this helps.
The trouble with bar end mirrors is they make the bike wider, when filtering that could become a problem.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.