Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping that a clip on option becomes availablefor the new SuperSport.

I must be alone in finding and upright sitting position more tiring for long distance riding with all road shocks going vertically up my spine.

I get to ride a lot of different Ducatis, Diavels, Panigales, Monsters of all years, older SuperSports and Scramblers due to my job and my own changing collection.

My favourites are the bikes with the air cooled engines (ligh and very torquey at the lower revs).

I love the handling and seating position of the Panigales and own an older SuperSport with FBG low clipons (Lower position than the Panigale). I find the lower position much less tiring and I wonder about people who complain about wrist strain. If you are riding properly with bent and relaxed arms and holding on with your knees why would their be strain on your wrists even when riding around town.

What I am really looking forward to is the Ohlins suspension and an engine with torque in the rev range where you really want it for a road bike.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I am hoping that a clip on option becomes availablefor the new SuperSport.

I must be alone in finding and upright sitting position more tiring for long distance riding with all road shocks going vertically up my spine.

I get to ride a lot of different Ducatis, Diavels, Panigales, Monsters of all years, older SuperSports and Scramblers due to my job and my own changing collection.

My favourites are the bikes with the air cooled engines (ligh and very torquey at the lower revs).

I love the handling and seating position of the Panigales and own an older SuperSport with FBG low clipons (Lower position than the Panigale). I find the lower position much less tiring and I wonder about people who complain about wrist strain. If you are riding properly with bent and relaxed arms and holding on with your knees why would their be strain on your wrists even when riding around town.

What I am really looking forward to is the Ohlins suspension and an engine with torque in the rev range where you really want it for a road bike.
Yes, you are in the minority about riding comfort with low-mount clip-ons, but I met a guy a couple of years back who thought a Panigale was a touring bike - go figure.
I have an MV F3 currently (with cip-ons) and when forced to ride long distances on mainly straight roads it becomes uncomfortable for me.
I wouldn't expect Ducati to offer low clip-ons on the SS, as they already have the Panigales so equipped.

·
Registered
137 Posts
On the flip side it usually means you find a lot of Pani's out there that have been babied since some of these guys with the money just don't want to push it. It's more of a Rolex situation for them if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
524 Posts
On the flip side it usually means you find a lot of Pani's out there that have been babied since some of these guys with the money just don't want to push it. It's more of a Rolex situation for them if you know what I mean.
Bikes like the Pani are an interesting purchase. They have so much performance these days that the only way to experience it is at a race track, plus few owners are truly capable of handling such beasts even at that venue.

Bikes like the SS, on the other hand, are a bit more rational - more of what you need rather than what you might want.

·
Registered
430 Posts
If I wanted a bike with pure sports bike riding position, I probably wouldn't even consider the SS. For example, for the same money I could buy an R1 with only a few hundred kilometers on the clock.

·
Registered
274 Posts
When i sit on the ss at Milan i felt the position too high . When i tried the panigale 959, position was too low and not very confortable.
In 2007, i had a supersport 1000 ss ie , the frame and motor were great but position was hard on long distance.
I think i 'll change clip ons on my future ss 939 s with lower clip adjustable Accossato or Ducabike.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I feel that the seat, pegs, bar positions will be uncomfortable with lower clip ons. the riding triangle 'may' be out of proportion with lower bars. Be wary before spending your hard earned cash as you wont know until you've bought it and then modified it. I fear that the foot rests may be a little too far forwards.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I validated my ss order with a test bike , i 'll verify position footpeg , clipons and power.
I saw only the bike at Milan in static position.
When i saw photos, videos comments from journalists, similar to my size, i think it 'l be a great bike with some mods.
Before my actual monster 1100 s, i had a honda vfr 800 f 2014. The honda vfr is a very good touring and confortable bike but heavy and not enough dynamic to me. In 2006 i had a supersport ss 1000 ie with a very good motor, frame , seat, .. but a hard position for every day and long distance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts