Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has replaced their SS wet clutch plates yet. What mileage did you get from them. How where rhey packed. I see the friction plates are 2.8mm. What are the three thicknesses of the metal rings and what was the packing sequence into the basket. The plates part numbers are the same as other ducati models.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I have a 2018 SS s and at the last service the Ducati dealership recommended clutch replacement as the clutch release is harsh initially when cold but when warmed up, it’s fine.
Is this common ?
How many miles/ kilometres?

I've certainly not heard of anyone changing clutches on this forum. I would think you'd be going down the path of cable adjustment if the clutch was wearing.

There is a thread here about some bikes needing an adjustment.

BTW, why not introduce yourself on the new members page? We love to hear from other people who share the enjoyment of the Supersport, what they rode before, and so on. Oh, we also love pictures, especially of non-standard paint jobs or wraps.

·
Administrator
9,607 Posts
@Robismay Welcome! Very glad you joined us!

It is very common, normal, for the SuperSport clutch to grab a bit when cold at first launch. Just a typical characteristic of most bikes, not anything wrong.

I had the pressure adjusted for different reasons, but it had no effect on the initial grabbiness at all.

Please take a moment to introduce yourself (e.g. prior bikes, riding experience, etc) in the New Member section.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wondering if anyone has replaced their SS wet clutch plates yet. What mileage did you get from them. How where rhey packed. I see the friction plates are 2.8mm. What are the three thicknesses of the metal rings and what was the packing sequence into the basket. The plates part numbers are the same as other ducati models.
I had to gee a New clutch pack for my 2017 sport S at about 30,000 miles. I also have a 2022 super sport S and find that the action of the clutch is much smoother (hydraulic clutch).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts