Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I’m looking to put a deposit down for one of two inbound 950 S’s, one red and one white, and I’m completely stuck on which color to get.

On one hand I love the traditional Ducati Red but some friends and family seem to go for the White which is striking too.

I know you guys can’t make that decision for me but is there an average split between red or white, and are there any pros a cons to both?

I’ve had a satin paint bike before (Silver Street Triple RS) and had no issues, but a little concerned about a white bike with fairings.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
Hi - I’m looking to put a deposit down for one of two inbound 950 S’s, one red and one white, and I’m completely stuck on which color to get.

On one hand I love the traditional Ducati Red but some friends and family seem to go for the White which is striking too.

I know you guys can’t make that decision for me but is there an average split between red or white, and are there any pros a cons to both?

I’ve had a satin paint bike before (Silver Street Triple RS) and had no issues, but a little concerned about a white bike with fairings.

Any help is appreciated!
Are they buying the bike or are you? At the end of the day, buy the one you want.

ps Red is faster...

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Both the colours look great. It's a personal choice. This is my second Supersport in the satin white and I have no regrets.

If you really cant choose between the 2, flip a coin :)

Reactions: Chilli42

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Have owned many bikes over the years of different colours and have found that the satin white does not show up surface scratches, swirls etc like a gloss paint does. Never had a problem keeping it clean.

It's your choice (y)

BTW, if you are looking at the bikes in a showroom, the artificial lightning makes them look a little different than natural lighting, so ask if you can see them both outside in a natural light.

·
Registered
538 Posts

Any help is appreciated!
[/QUOTo you want
It's what you want, not the friends, family or members of this forum. I got red; because it's the traditional Italian racing color, it's the easiest to see in most conditions, but mostly, because I like red. The other two are just BS reasons.

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
Same really, bought the bike because I liked it since 2017 when I first read about it. But, love that I found a Titanium version. :)
Love the titanium, but the lack of Ohlins is a negative. Although some markets did get the S in titanium grey, Oz didn't.

Reactions: RODDERS_SS937

·
Registered
2021 Supersport 950
345 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts