·
Registered
2021 Supersport 950
345 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Which ones? Because Europe didn't get any grey S specs either
I think the titanium with Öhlins suspension was a special for the Japanese market. At least I seem to recall an owner of such a model explaining it as such in the SuperSport Facebook group (owner was Japanese).

No idea why Ducati didn’t want to offer it elsewhere, I know I would’ve rated a grey S higher than the white one (but I’m 99% sure I would’ve gone for the red anyway).

·
Registered
2021 Supersport 950
345 Posts
Tbh, Ducati should offer at least 3 colour options for each model. Maybe grey, white and red for the base and red, white and yellow for the S-model. The colour variations on bikes compared to cars are really lacking.

Reactions: A8tomic

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
White is timeless :)

·
Registered
2,075 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Love the titanium, but the lack of Ohlins is a negative. Although some markets did get the S in titanium grey, Oz didn't.
The lack of the Ohlins is NOT a negative. Nothing wrong with the stock suspension at all.
That comes directly from our local " Expert " in suspension set up here in California. His name is Dave Moss.
He set up my bike & thousands of others.
I ride street & track with stock. No problem at all.

I'd take that man's word over anyone's. 👍

Feel free to look up Dave Moss on YouTube.

·
Premium Member
2021 SuperSport 950S
54 Posts
Dave sets our bikes up also. He attends a lot of track day events in California.
Here is what my Supersport is replacing for my track day bike.
Sonoma last Tuesday 08-02-2022
Blue is the color on a BMW
Tire Wheel Helmet Vehicle Sports gear

Reactions: nismo

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
Here we go...

Reactions: Ed K

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
The lack of the Ohlins is NOT a negative. Nothing wrong with the stock suspension at all.
Totally agree with this. Proficient riders will maximize whatever bike they jump on.

There’s no doubt the Öhlins is higher grade hardware but the absence of it is not going to prevent one from maximizing the SS. I think the number of riders who can outride the base suspension are very few. That’s not to say one can’t like or shouldn’t buy the SS S but rather to say that we should be honest about our skills and admit that the Öhlins is perhaps really just man-jewelry for 99% of us.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts