Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Red is very traditional but White is sexy as hell. Took me ages to decide as well so I feel your dilemma. One youtube vid clearly shows what happens to the white color when riding back roads, it quickly gets covered in bugs and grime which wasn't appealing to me. Of course the same will happen on red but didn't appear to be as noticeable. After much mental torture, I finally settled on Red due to the fact this is my first Ducati and I want it to be as Ducati as possible, if that makes sense? Good luck!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Totally agree with this. Proficient riders will maximize whatever bike they jump on.

There’s no doubt the Öhlins is higher grade hardware but the absence of it is not going to prevent one from maximizing the SS. I think the number of riders who can outride the base suspension are very few. That’s not to say one can’t like or shouldn’t buy the SS S but rather to say that we should be honest about our skills and admit that the Öhlins is perhaps really just man-jewelry for 99% of us.
So, the lack of Ohlins is a negative. Just not a show stopper.

·
Premium Member
2021 SuperSport 950S
54 Posts
I have found that the better the suspension the easier it is to ride to your personnel level of skill. Having a number of bikes and have upgraded the suspension on most of them it has pointed out to me Ohlins is the better suspension option.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Do what @WittyBoi did! His white definitely is faster

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
I have found that the better the suspension the easier it is to ride to your personnel level of skill. Having a number of bikes and have upgraded the suspension on most of them it has pointed out to me Ohlins is the better suspension option.
Totally agree. There is no such thing as 'I'm not good enough for this suspension'. Same as 'I'm not good enough to need to change the suspension settings'. Your best on set up premium suspension will be better than on set up lesser suspension. Suspension is primarily about traction, providing comfort as a welcome side effect.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Red is very traditional but White is sexy as hell. Took me ages to decide as well so I feel your dilemma. One youtube vid clearly shows what happens to the white color when riding back roads, it quickly gets covered in bugs and grime which wasn't appealing to me. Of course the same will happen on red but didn't appear to be as noticeable. After much mental torture, I finally settled on Red due to the fact this is my first Ducati and I want it to be as Ducati as possible, if that makes sense? Good luck!
Red was the Italian racing color and therefore timeless for any sporting Italian vehicle. But white with red roundalls was also an official racing color, but for a different country.....

·
Registered
2021 Super Sport 950S
10 Posts
Wait. So what did he decide? Did I miss the post? Personally for me it’s the white all the way! However, I wish they made a matte black, black rims, black powder coated everything all black… with just the red stripe on the rims and the ducati logos in red.

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
@nammers
It's the 950R model, comes with +10ftlbs at 4700

and White Wheels (but only with red fairings)

Not available White on White, Ducati's Supersport designer Pierre Terblanche was quoted as saying
"Thatsah tooaah muccha white. Weahh areahh notaah angels riding to the ah heaven. Weahh areah the devils riding to the ah hell. Assah why da redah bikes go ah faster"

Hence, he gave the special moniker 950 SS R and to denote the extra torque, white wheels, in honor of their heritage of putting white frames and wheels on their bikes in the 90s.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts