Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 468 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This has turned out to be one of the best thanksgiving weekends ever...

Cooked an amazingly juicy Diestel Turkey that everyone loved and got a surprise in the mail this morning. Hang in there guys, a new exhaust option is closer to launching then you may think. Here's a couple teaser pics. Full report and review should be up on Sunday or Monday. I owe some feedback to Competition Werkes first before I post up anything here.

Happy thanksgiving all :grin2:

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Looking VERY forward to your review. Thanks for taking this on and being the guinea pig for them and us.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In true Ducati fashion, the Supersport has a non-standard o2 sensor that requires a 17mm socket instead of the standard 7/8”.

There’s only one 17mm o2 sensor tool available online and Conpetition Werkes included it with the exhaust, unfortunately it’s not thin enough to fit in the hole of the exhaust shields and exhaust shield covers.

They are going to look into developing a special tool to include with the exhaust kit. In the mean time, I’m going to grind down the side on the tool they have me to see if I can make it fit.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
They are going to look into developing a special tool to include with the exhaust kit. In the mean time, I’m going to grind down the side on the tool they have me to see if I can make it fit.
Nothing like spending two hours making something work...for a 5 second use. :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
7,603 Posts
In true Ducati fashion, the Supersport has a non-standard o2 sensor that requires a 17mm socket instead of the standard 7/8”.

There’s only one 17mm o2 sensor tool available online and Conpetition Werkes included it with the exhaust, unfortunately it’s not thin enough to fit in the hole of the exhaust shields and exhaust shield covers.

Can we see what it looks like unwrapped, pretty plz? :grin2:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I literally talked to Shawn on 11/22 last week and he said that they shipped the first system to you! im next in line to buy once you throw it on and let them know how it all goes. Keep us updated!!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can we see what it looks like unwrapped, pretty plz? :grin2:
good news and bad news...

bad news, didn't get it fitted to the bike because of the o2 sensor.

good news, i got the ok to share a couple pics.

please keep in mind that this is a pre-production unit and the final design may or may not be similar.

that said, this exhaust looks amazing. the quality is top notch and the big welding looks great.

:nerd:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I literally talked to Shawn on 11/22 last week and he said that they shipped the first system to you! im next in line to buy once you throw it on and let them know how it all goes. Keep us updated!!!
hopefully it won't be to much longer. i really do think that it will be worth the wait though and i really like that Competition Werkes is taking their time and going through these steps to make sure they release a functionally complete product instead of rushing it to market to try and rack up sales numbers without properly vetting everything.

·
Registered
57 Posts
hopefully it won't be to much longer. i really do think that it will be worth the wait though and i really like that Competition Werkes is taking their time and going through these steps to make sure they release a functionally complete product instead of rushing it to market to try and rack up sales numbers without properly vetting everything.
agreed. Shawn wouldn't even discuss pricing with me seeing that it's not a complete and set system yet. Which, i don't blame him for keeping a price from me. Makes me think they really want to solidify everything with this exhaust so that once people start purchasing, there are minimal/no issues. When you do finally get this fitted, post up a little vid of the sound and fitment! Thank you

·
Super Moderator
7,603 Posts
good news and bad news...

bad news, didn't get it fitted to the bike because of the o2 sensor.

good news, i got the ok to share a couple pics.

please keep in mind that this is a pre-production unit and the final design may or may not be similar.

that said, this exhaust looks amazing. the quality is top notch and the big welding looks great.

:nerd:
Wow, beautiful!

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,711 Posts
The Akra full exhaust does, so it's possible it seems.
Yes, but the Akra is an official DP part so they will have the backing of the factory.

1 - 20 of 468 Posts