Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

421 - 435 of 435 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #422
Does anyone know if the Full six or Ilmberger belly pan works with the CW exhaust ?

Short answer, yes. I posted some photos and feedback of when I installed mine, though I forget in which forum.

The brackets that connect to factory exhaust points don’t line up, so only 1 out of 2 bolts per side were able to be used. Also, there was L shaped brackets that I also was unable to line up and didn’t install them at all.

That said, there was no issues with fitment around the exhaust. Some of the seams don’t line up perfectly flush with the fairings, but most people won’t notice it unless you point it out. Most importantly, it’s on very securely and I have never had to worry about it falling off or becoming unstable at speed.

Side note, I remember someone else who I beleive had the same exhaust was able to fit the L brackets after some fiddling.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Short answer, yes. I posted some photos and feedback of when I installed mine, though I forget in which forum.

The brackets that connect to factory exhaust points don’t line up, so only 1 out of 2 bolts per side were able to be used. Also, there was L shaped brackets that I also was unable to line up and didn’t install them at all.

That said, there was no issues with fitment around the exhaust. Some of the seams don’t line up perfectly flush with the fairings, but most people won’t notice it unless you point it out. Most importantly, it’s on very securely and I have never had to worry about it falling off or becoming unstable at speed.

Side note, I remember someone else who I beleive had the same exhaust was able to fit the L brackets after some fiddling.
Thanx @tea2jay Really nice looking bike :laugh:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just installed CW on my SSS last night and I have a few things to share. The product sounds amazing. It actually made me jump when I first turned it on. I got concerned it might be too loud for long rides and they sent me a baffle insert to calm it down. I can't really tell if it helps, but I feel like it does muffle it a little. the overall unit is expensive, but the quality of construction and look of the exhaust is amazing. So all worth it imo. Shawn and the staff are great. ok now to the grind. The bolts that keep the black heat shields on the rear header pipe are M6 and will strip as they are stuck tight. Dealers (like mine) didn't have them in stock, so I went to Lowes and just cut the M6 bolts and replaced them and put locktite so they don't vibrate off. The tool that removes the O2 sensor that @tea2jay is talking about seemed to fit and removed the sensor. But when I tried to put it back on I could not get it to hold. Threads were shot. I don't know if that happened on the way out or way in. After a painful hour I jammed it in, but I know it's not sitting well. Or is it? I dunno. I'm going to buy the m12 o2 treading fixer tool (i think that's the right size for the header pipe threads. Does anyone know for sure?

I just ordered a used O2 sensor on eBay for 40. They are over 250 new. Maybe that will make me more confident that it won't pop out, and it might remove the **** check engine light that is now on. I'm confused if we still need the o2 sensor or not. As for the header bolts, it's definitely good to have that camber bending adapter for the top copper header bolt. Its the only way you can really access it. That plus an extension. I have no idea if they are tight enough but I think they are good. I'll keep an eye out someone on another thread here gave that advice. - Its the one next to the oil overflow pipe on the right that is really hard to get too, but I found that a small 11mm open-end wrench worked by rotating one 1/6 hex turn at a time. Long a painful but it eventually got out. I had to remove the clutch cables and misc cable next to it to get a good grip/leverage. The CW exhaust fits like a charm once you have everything loose. I didn't really get if you were supposed to put a new bolt on the cable cancel unit under the front, I just used the stock bolt vs the one they gave. This is because when I used theirs with or without the washer, it didn't really fit or grip the thread. Anyone know how to check the code on the engine check light or do I really need a ODBC II whatever reader? I'm almost 100% sure its related to this recent upgrade. in the end, I feel the bike is lighter, faster, louder. What's not to like?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The nightmare has ended! I found that the engine light would come on after the code was cleared and the engine was started and shut off 3 times. This is why I thought the code was gone the first time I cleared it. When I got home from work today I cleared the code, unplugged my Vizitec servo eliminator, and drove for a bit. The 3rd time I started the engine the code was back. Scanned it and it came back as the same code as before P0477 - Exhaust Pressure Control Valve Low. At this point I was 99% sure it was the Vizitec.

Reinstalled my previously removed servo motor with the CW piece they include in the exhaust kit. Started it and shut it off 3 times, no light. Took it for a couple rides and cycled the ignition a few more times for good measure...code is gone!

I emailed Vizitec yesterday but haven't gotten a reply yet. Knowing what I do now, I will be asking for a full refund. Their faulty product caused me hours upon hours of troubleshooting, removing and reinstalling fairings, retorquing head bolts, cost of the obd cable and scanner, etc. I'll update with how they handle the situation.

On a positive note, the exhaust sounds amazing. Very deep and rumbly, yet crisp at the same time. I've ran it 99% with the baffle out. I installed it once just to see what it was all about but I will be leaving it out. I will say that I was happy with the amount of volume reduction it provided, it made a bigger difference than I expected. Without the baffle is loud, but not obnoxiously loud. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. I took one video but the audio didn't impress me, it sounded absolutely nothing like it does in person. Maybe I will try another video, but it really is doing the product a disservice by me posting it. The drive-by video posted earlier on this thread is a great representation, but it's still much better in person.
ohi have this error code I think. can you tell me if you are supposed to rotate that servo all the way to the left or right after you install the CW adapter? Also, are you saying that if I turn on/off the bike 3 times the error code goes away?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #429
I just installed CW on my SSS last night and I have a few things to share. The product sounds amazing. It actually made me jump when I first turned it on. I got concerned it might be too loud for long rides and they sent me a baffle insert to calm it down. I can't really tell if it helps, but I feel like it does muffle it a little. the overall unit is expensive, but the quality of construction and look of the exhaust is amazing. So all worth it imo. Shawn and the staff are great. ok now to the grind. The bolts that keep the black heat shields on the rear header pipe are M6 and will strip as they are stuck tight. Dealers (like mine) didn't have them in stock, so I went to Lowes and just cut the M6 bolts and replaced them and put locktite so they don't vibrate off. The tool that removes the O2 sensor that @tea2jay is talking about seemed to fit and removed the sensor. But when I tried to put it back on I could not get it to hold. Threads were shot. I don't know if that happened on the way out or way in. After a painful hour I jammed it in, but I know it's not sitting well. Or is it? I dunno. I'm going to buy the m12 o2 treading fixer tool (i think that's the right size for the header pipe threads. Does anyone know for sure?

I just ordered a used O2 sensor on eBay for 40. They are over 250 new. Maybe that will make me more confident that it won't pop out, and it might remove the **** check engine light that is now on. I'm confused if we still need the o2 sensor or not. As for the header bolts, it's definitely good to have that camber bending adapter for the top copper header bolt. Its the only way you can really access it. That plus an extension. I have no idea if they are tight enough but I think they are good. I'll keep an eye out someone on another thread here gave that advice. - Its the one next to the oil overflow pipe on the right that is really hard to get too, but I found that a small 11mm open-end wrench worked by rotating one 1/6 hex turn at a time. Long a painful but it eventually got out. I had to remove the clutch cables and misc cable next to it to get a good grip/leverage. The CW exhaust fits like a charm once you have everything loose. I didn't really get if you were supposed to put a new bolt on the cable cancel unit under the front, I just used the stock bolt vs the one they gave. This is because when I used theirs with or without the washer, it didn't really fit or grip the thread. Anyone know how to check the code on the engine check light or do I really need a ODBC II whatever reader? I'm almost 100% sure its related to this recent upgrade. in the end, I feel the bike is lighter, faster, louder. What's not to like?

congrats on the purchase! hopefully I'll see you and your bike at one of the Ducati bike nights. Sorry to hear about the CEL. It's been so long since I installed my exhaust that I can't remember if there's a proper way to align the servo eliminator piece or not, but another local member had a similar issue to you. He has since sold his bike, but iirc, he removed and installed that part again and the CEL went away.
Sorry i cant be more help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So for me the CW nails it on the sound and looks department. My only concern is the performance. I have a few questions for any of you experts out there. It's my assumption that the exhaust valve does more than just reduce sound at low RPMs to pass Euro regulations. Is that correct, or is it truly just to reduce noise? The internet is a funny place and I see it mentioned a lot that exhaust valves give back pressure which helps low end performance. If the latter is true I have some other questions. I do have the termi upmap device. I bought it to try to solve another issue (unsuccessfully). Would using the termi no baffle tune help if I were to use the CW exhaust?

One last question. I saw it mentioned that the belly pan that fits the stock exhaust works with this exhaust, does anyone have a photo of that anywhere? I can't seem to find one to verify what it looks like.

·
Registered
265 Posts
IC Belly pan fits like a glove w/CW. No idea about the exhaust valve effects, I run an eliminator and use a RB Evo. If you already have the upmap for a termi exhaust, I would think a more free flowing exhaust would help. I've run with and without the baffle, it's in now and probably staying there.
IMG_1278.JPG IMG_1279.JPG IMG_1285.JPG

421 - 435 of 435 Posts