Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pros
-Fast shipping
-Includes short rear turn signals (didn't use them as i have installed the motodynamic integrated rear taillight)

Cons
-Fitment is not ideal
-Raw silver finish, Would 10x better if it were black
-Turn signals and led license plate light do not have oem style connectors.

Quick overview of the Competition Werkes Tail Tidy. Overall, the kit is nice and can completely replace the oem fender since it includes a new license plate light and short rear turn signals. I ordered the kit Wednesday morning and it arrived Friday that same week. On my initial install attempt, I was unable to complete the install because I didn't read the instructions well enough. I assumed that the mounting plate would sit flush in the hole left after removing the gem unit, but that is not the case. the mounting base on the CW unit is longer than the base on the oem unit. The front edge of the CW unit actually slides in and sits above the oem under plastic. Knowing that, i was able to install it successfully tonight.

There are gaps along the sides where the tail tidy mounting plate meets the rubber side under tail pieces and also where the end meets the tail light. So while it does fit, it is definitely not water proof, though i don't know if the oem unit was either. Also, the license plate led module in held in place via sticky 3M like double sided tape. While this probably won't fail any time soon, i would have preferred something that was more integrated into the main unit. My only other gripe is that i wish it finished in black. The raw silver just doesn't match anything down there.

Other than that, I'm satisfied enough to keep it. Here are some teaser pics until I have a chance to take some better ones.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Excellent write up. Thanks!

I have really liked CW products as I think they've been quality for years, so a little disappointed with fitment. As I said before, they have seemingly always had that raw stainless steel look, so it's been a turn off for me. I had one for an R6 years ago, and had it powder coated myself. It was a pain, but looked a ton better. No OEM connectors is another issue. In today's market, a manufacturer really needs to make it easier for the consumer, and splicing is so 10 years ago, lol.

Again, great write up. Can you also put a link in the Tail Tidy thread to this one?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's some better daytime photos of the CW rail tidy and Motodynamic smoked integrated taillight.

Here's some close up photos of the fitment. You can see decent sized gaps running along the side of the tail tidy. Also, you can see how the tail tidy slides in above the oem plastic and how it cause gaps in the rubber side trim pieces. You can also see the gaps where it meets the tail light.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Wow, man, I'm really shocked. I really thought their work in years past was top notch. I'm not feeling the fitment at all with this iteration. Bike as a whole is taking shape, though, and looks good. MD taillights are great...really cleans up the rear nicely. I went clear with mine.

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Supersport S
542 Posts
R & G Tidy

So here is a couple of pics of the R & G tidy. It looks ok but not great. I like that it used OEM signals and had a nice little LED plate light which was plug n play. It is finished in a nice black powder coating and is a quality made piece. The downfall is the gaps under the seat...

·
Registered
465 Posts
I think the red wheels look [email protected]#$ing awesome. How much was the tail tidy? i forget what i paid for mine, it was one that was offered here on a group discount. Here's a link for oem connectors:

AMP Multilock 070

I have to ask, wtf is up with the seat cowl? Also, seeing your sexy red lady really makes the exhaust look...I don't know, just too shiny, or something. I saw a thread about someone who painted the cans black, imo,, that would be an improvement. Still, bike looks good.

Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the red wheels look [email protected]#$ing awesome. How much was the tail tidy? i forget what i paid for mine, it was one that was offered here on a group discount. Here's a link for oem connectors:

AMP Multilock 070

I have to ask, wtf is up with the seat cowl? Also, seeing your sexy red lady really makes the exhaust look...I don't know, just too shiny, or something. I saw a thread about someone who painted the cans black, imo,, that would be an improvement. Still, bike looks good.
now that you mention it, it does look shiny. I'm not going to worry to much about it because i plan on replacing it when we have more exhaust options. i added some numberplate to the rear cowl, similar to the 748/996 and 749/999 ducatis. i always liked that look and wanted to replicate it. i also thought that there was to much red after adding the wheels and wanted to break it up a little. this winter, I'm going to send my bike the the painters and have front and rear number plates added.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,726 Posts
Jings! You'd have thought that R&G could have made that plate fit the aperture of the section that it replaces.
I was thinking that the number plate in that location would act as a better mudguard than what is provided with the OEM set up and would be even more effective with our huge UK plates and had been considering the R&G tidy. But on seeing how badly it fits to the bike I won't bother

·
Registered
2019MY Ducati Supersport S
89 Posts
I bought my Supersport a few weeks ago and it came fitted with the CW tail tidy. I noticed that it hadn’t been aligned during installation. So I undid everything relevant and simply realigned
it (quite a bit of eye judgement). Also fitted a quality reflector (required here in Australia) supplied by a company called Mustard Bikes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
...and make sure the small holes in the lenses are pointing down (not up) to enable any moisture to escape and avoid lens fogging (mine were pointing up so just unclipped clear lens and swapped sides.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Worked out the Ducati Performance LED rear turn signals for the Monster 1200 / Multistrada (certain models) part number 96680231A
have the screw type fitment that works perfectly with the Competition Werkes tail tidy. Really pleased with the result.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts