Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Related to Mario’s post about COVID-19, I thought it’d be entertaining to see how everyone is spending their free time.

I’m still counting my blessings I made it onto the plane and arrived home in Florida for holiday right before the international flight ban went into effect. Had I got stuck where I work like some of my less fortunate teammates, I’m not sure I’d be as chipper as I am now.

I’m pretty boring but I rather like it that way. Since I’ve been home, I’m hanging out with my daughter binge watching Tolkien movies, helping my wife learn how to use our Concept2 rower and SkiErg in our home gym, taking lots of pleasant walks with my wife, charting out the work options over the next few years, getting lots of overdue home maintenance projects done and getting in some killer workouts myself.

And, of course, I’ve been looking for every excuse I can to race about on my freshly-serviced SS and loving every second of it.

What are you guys doing with all your free time?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Who has free time?

I'm a dentist, partner in a large group. We have meetings everyday to try to see how we can trudge our way through this. I don't get to do much dentistry as all professional groups and state agencies have said only emergency care. But I stilll have to go to the offices and get on calls.

Most people are trying to save money 'cause they don't know if they will have a job next week, next month.

Man, I shouldn't have enjoyed the 80s and 90s so much. Should have saved more $$;).

Oh well, Live and learn.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I find myself spending more time with kids and having long walks in the forest. I do work at home, but I have had to step down the intensity. Schools are closed, so I have to help the kids with their school at home. Everything is the same as before, but at the same time very different. I have to admit, I like my life now more than month ago. I wonder if all this will change the way we want to live our lives when all this has gone past us.

I am not too worried, we have a society that is well prepared and we have lot of safety nets for people in difficulties, health or financial.

Perversely, I do enjoy this. At least as long as I and family stay healthy.

Best of luck to you all!

·
Registered
980 Posts
So far I haven’t had much but I was sure to get the wife and me “outside” by taking a little drive, getting some take out and enjoying the views a bit in case things get tightened down much further.

Hoping to have more “home time” in the coming weeks so I’m bringing the bikes home from storage one day this week. Then I can work on them if I get an hour or so here and there.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was thinking the same as Jippo. Is this the chance to slow it down. Right now there is uncertainty and stress, as I mentioned earlier. But if the businesses get downsized by this thing, maybe its for the best. Maybe good is good enough.

I struggle with "I MUST reach my POTENTIAL". Build it bigger. IF I could do this, maybe I can this ++.

Maybe its ok to just be.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Watched the documentary on YouTube "The lock down, One month in Wuhan"
Now I'm more scared having my doubts my government will ever handle this out break adequately and sufficiently to contain the virus.

God Speed!!

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is this the chance to slow it down.....
Maybe its ok to just be.
Totally endorse this outlook!

Now IS the chance to re-calibrate our lives.

Who’s to question us if we come out the other side and declare that we’ve had a change of heart about our priorities, habits and general pattern of life?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Doing a lot more grilling since I’m home. Wife’s enjoying the overall decrease in kitchen activities.
That's been our approach since retirement. BBQ is almost a sport. Grilling and smoking. Gourmet cooking.

I also recommend cigars and scotch when cooking outside. It promotes patience. Usually the meat is done about the time I finish the last puff. Not sure why it works that way.

The only drawback was the good meat was already out of the market the other day. But it's a challenge to cook lesser quality.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm getting pretty bored, but the fact that it's snowing outside at the moment has eased the burden. I have been in contact with some of my customers trying to adapt to the demand to manufacture medical supplies, so a lot of questions about that can be done with a laser and better ways to make scaled designs to ramp up production for those items that are in demand. I am happy to do this, because I finally feel like I'm able to help, rather than just choosing not to buy rubber gloves or masks for the garage. Oh, I've also made great strides in Call of Duty!

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I motion for Ace Johnson to be awarded the “Counter-COVID Cool Guy” award for the week of March 23rd.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I motion for Ace Johnson to be awarded the “Counter-COVID Cool Guy” award for the week of March 23rd.
Hey, I get to sit in my house doodling around on Solidworks and answering application questions. Those no-cape heroes in the medical industry deserve our "Counter-COVID Cool Guy/Gal" award. I can't even imagine how scary it must be going into work every day. Ditto those who are keeping up in supplies at grocery stores and gas stations. I'm young(ish) and healthy, but I think I'd have a panic attack being in constant contact with so many people.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
South Africa is going on 21days lock down from Thursday midnight. Flights are selling fast to get home.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Hey, I get to sit in my house doodling around on Solidworks and answering application questions. Those no-cape heroes in the medical industry deserve our "Counter-COVID Cool Guy/Gal" award. I can't even imagine how scary it must be going into work every day. Ditto those who are keeping up in supplies at grocery stores and gas stations. I'm young(ish) and healthy, but I think I'd have a panic attack being in constant contact with so many people.
My youngest son is an Engineer Solidworks guy. He's been working from home for a week and today evaded the first round of layoffs.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have been able to get a workout in before and after work hours due to WFH. Ahh, that half hour saved is sweet each side. My coffee bill will go up, and my gas bill down.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts