Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to get the ducati diagnostics kit. Essentially for programming the ecu and favourably resetting the service indicator. Not looking for the DDA connector, seeking the full service DDA kit. Also, the operating / training manual will be useful.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Evidently not a lot of knowledge going on here regarding this topic.

The SS ECU is the same as the 2014 monster 1200.
Check this link for managing the service warnings etc and making changes to the ECU.

DUCATI Diagnostic CAN 4WAY Siemens Multistrada + ELM + software SERVICE
Hi amoslws,

On US and french ducati forums, some guys have used TuneECU or IAWdiag software to change their ecu with maps downloaded from web for 848, 999, panigale, monster,...
But today, we don't find maps adapted to our Supersport.

How will you change parameters of ecu ? ( If i understand well what you want to do)
Software "multitool" described on your link is able to change a complete map ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am not interested in changing the engine map, but I would love a way to reset the service lights. I looked at the link above and the most recent bike they list compatibility with is from 2014.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi amoslws,

On US and french ducati forums, some guys have used TuneECU or IAWdiag software to change their ecu with maps downloaded from web for 848, 999, panigale, monster,...
But today, we don't find maps adapted to our Supersport.

How will you change parameters of ecu ? ( If i understand well what you want to do)
Software "multitool" described on your link is able to change a complete map ?
The software you mentioned is for the magnet marelli ecu's, ducati has changed their supplier on some of the later models. IAW5XX was popular 10 or so years ago. It is the software issue where I have been struggling. I am happy with the riding mode mapping but I intend servicing mine as much as possible so I wanted my own diagnosis system because some of the maintenance tasks are fairly old aged and straight forward and prefer to do it myself.
'Riding is a hobby but motorcycles are a passion' >:).
On the other hand, my father was a UK drag champion (privateer) a few decades ago and he loves engines, he's perhaps a bit OCD for perfection, so he will help me come unstuck if needed.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The software you mentioned is for the magnet marelli ecu's, ducati has changed their supplier on some of the later models. IAW5XX was popular 10 or so years ago. It is the software issue where I have been struggling. I am happy with the riding mode mapping but I intend servicing mine as much as possible so I wanted my own diagnosis system because some of the maintenance tasks are fairly old aged and straight forward and prefer to do it myself.
'Riding is a hobby but motorcycles are a passion' >:).
On the other hand, my father was a UK drag champion (privateer) a few decades ago and he loves engines, he's perhaps a bit OCD for perfection, so he will help me come unstuck if needed.
Thanks for your knowledges.

I wait to see your future drag Supersport !
:smile2:

Reactions: amoslws

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your knowledges.

I wait to see your future drag Supersport !
:smile2:
Presently investigating whether the monster 1200 barrels will fit, hard to get the information though. I cannot tell if the water and oil channels line up. No-one seems to be forthcoming. Conrods are the same so I guess the crank will work, or I could simply take the heads and barrels in for rebore and have the heads done. But that is next years project, need to save a bit of money for mugello 2018 holiday >:) so the mrs instructed me.
Edit: SS crank*

·
Registered
274 Posts
Presently investigating whether the monster 1200 barrels will fit, hard to get the information though. I cannot tell if the water and oil channels line up. No-one seems to be forthcoming. Conrods are the same so I guess the crank will work, or I could simply take the heads and barrels in for rebore and have the heads done. But that is next years project, need to save a bit of money for mugello 2018 holiday >:) so the mrs instructed me.
Edit: SS crank*
That's good these many projects , trip, mechanic ,... all under controlled by your Chief Accountant.

You 'll have a fantastic ambiance in Mugello , and a lot of things to do in Florence, Bologne, .....

I was in milan for eicma 2016 on sunday 13th , motogp Valence was diffused on big screens in Honda stand , there was alternance of silence of italian cathedral and claps during fighting between Rossi and Marquez , good ambiance of passionate italians.

Reactions: amoslws

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I am struggling to find info about the type of ECU.
If anyone has their fairing off whether at home or for the first service can you have a look for the ECU type code. My research is showing it's possibly 'M3D' continental/siemens or Mitsubishi type 'Himeji'. Needs validation from the forum.

IF the ECU is the M3D continental and I feel there is a strong chance that it is. These guys provide software for reprogramming the ECU.
http://www.alientech-tools.com/en/k-suite/

See pg 56 in the url

http://www.continental-automotive.c...owertrain/download/powertrain_products_en.pdf

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
MELCODIAG software download now has the SS ECU M3D Continental
Not been the easiest thing to find this weekend.

Edit: Link to ECU Diag software. Select Melcodiag download then connect up the SS ECU via the DDA under the seat. It's the connector with the rubber band on the left side towards the tank.
http://jpdiag.akress.com/download.php

Download Courroies for the belts maintenance

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you test it personally and it works?
My DDA connector is in the post, will inform the forum how it went once it arrives. Obviously resetting the service warnings will take some time since the first one is at 15000km and I am only at 2600km. Should be able to read the ECU data though once plugged in. The melcodiag software only had our ecu 'M3D' included on 4th June '17. It's very new for us and the monsters 821 and 1200 owners so I expect some flaws in the programme. For a free software we shouldn't complain I guess. If it doesn't work then I am going to buy the K-Tag which allows the person to change the mapping. Melcodiag doesn't change mapping.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks amoslws, for your research.

I hope at a minimum to be able to reset my service light in the future. I took my bike in for the first service (against my better judgement). I just didn't want the service light to remain on even though not really that much of an annoyance.

I asked them not to clean and lube the chain, I had just done it, but they did anyway. When I picked up the bike, chain lube was spattering the rear wheel and up onto the white paint. Really?? For what they charge, they had plenty of time to at least give me a bike that was in the same state of cleanliness as when I dropped it off. I also had some questions about the quick shifter, and they knew less about it than I do, so what do I need them for? Sorry for the rant.

Please keep us posted on your progress. I have some cabling from previously using ducatidiag on a MotoGuzzi 1200 sport a few years back. Maybe I have some hope of using those. ;)

Frank

P.S. I downloaded the software, unzipped, and it does start up (not hooked to the bike). :cool:

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks amoslws, for your research.

I hope at a minimum to be able to reset my service light in the future. I took my bike in for the first service (against my better judgement). I just didn't want the service light to remain on even though not really that much of an annoyance.

I asked them not to clean and lube the chain, I had just done it, but they did anyway. When I picked up the bike, chain lube was spattering the rear wheel and up onto the white paint. Really?? For what they charge, they had plenty of time to at least give me a bike that was in the same state of cleanliness as when I dropped it off. I also had some questions about the quick shifter, and they knew less about it than I do, so what do I need them for? Sorry for the rant.

Please keep us posted on your progress. I have some cabling from previously using ducatidiag on a MotoGuzzi 1200 sport a few years back. Maybe I have some hope of using those. ;)

Frank

P.S. I downloaded the software, unzipped, and it does start up (not hooked to the bike). :cool:
I do feel the same as you but the dealers are new to the bike so we are all learning together. I also felt more should be done about the issues I raised during the 1st service. I think I will do the oil services but possibly take it in for the desmo service, although the belt tensioning is easy there are other tasks that need to be done and the tools could be costly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Has anyone had luck with MELCODIAG? I had a cable from my 14 696 which fit the DDA connector. I was able to establish a connection. Some tests like the fans and exhaust valve worked but not the service light function. Any thoughts or are we stuck waiting for a new software revision?

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Unfortunately the current version of Melcodiag does not yet allow resetting the service...
Have you emailed the software developer for a licence ( JPDiag :: Index ). You won't believe me but I am still waiting for mine to clear customs, been over a month with them now. Worst thing is customs is only a few km's from me but when I went knocking on the door they said i must wait for it to arrive at my local post office... man african time is such a blessing, futile fcuks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Have you emailed the software developer for a licence ( JPDiag :: Index ). You won't believe me but I am still waiting for mine to clear customs, been over a month with them now. Worst thing is customs is only a few km's from me but when I went knocking on the door they said i must wait for it to arrive at my local post office... man african time is such a blessing, futile fcuks.
I did get the license and still no luck. It worked like a charm on my monster but the software doesnt seem to be compatible this time around.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did get the license and still no luck. It worked like a charm on my monster but the software doesnt seem to be compatible this time around.
the developer will be happy with your file, access the forum link i sent you in the previous msg, the solution is in that forum. Monster 797, 1200 and SS all use the continental M3D ride by wire ECU. M3C is not ride by wire and is used on the scramblers etc..

·
Registered
65 Posts
the developer will be happy with your file, access the forum link i sent you in the previous msg, the solution is in that forum. Monster 797, 1200 and SS all use the continental M3D ride by wire ECU. M3C is not ride by wire and is used on the scramblers etc..
I appreciate the help but i am missing the solution. It may be because i do not speak french. I am using the latest melcodiag software the jpdiag site and elm 327 v1.5.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts