Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone felt this way about the Red SS?

The press release photos made the bike look very sharp, but now that riders are getting their bikes, I can't help but be a little disappointed on how "old" and unrefined it looks.

I am heading to Bert's Mega Mall in So-Cal today at 5pm to see the reveal and see the bike in person, and I really hope it changes my mind, cause I really love the White SS and was thinking since November that it would be my new bike.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nope. It's a Ducati, it has to be red.

I saw it in the flesh earlier this year at a motorcycle show and it looked gorgeous. My wife vetoed the white, she thought it looked tacky. Can't say I agreed, but she wasn't objecting to me buying one in red, so I went for red LOL

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'll see them in person tomorrow, so final answer happens then. But I'm thinking I'd go red if I got one. Simply because, for me, white is a silly color for anything that has contact with the real world. I don't wear white shirts, because they have a half-life of about 15 minutes, and asymptotically approach grey of their own accord once I put one on. White bikes (and especially white wheels on bikes) have about the same decay rate.

PhilB

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone felt this way about the Red SS?

The press release photos made the bike look very sharp, but now that riders are getting their bikes, I can't help but be a little disappointed on how "old" and unrefined it looks.

I am heading to Bert's Mega Mall in So-Cal today at 5pm to see the reveal and see the bike in person, and I really hope it changes my mind, cause I really love the White SS and was thinking since November that it would be my new bike.
I'm waiting to see bike in person as well. the fairing connecting into the sides of tank always looked awkward too me. so I'm not sold, till i see it. i was not sold on the panigale design when it first came out, then i saw in person and it changed my mind. hopefully, i will see the SS this weekend.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Saw the red SuperSport S in person last Saturday. Prior to I was leaning towards white because the red in pictures didn't look all that good. But, when I saw it in person, I knew that red was the way to go. It looks great!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
They both look stunning, the only odd bit is the way the fairing underneath finishes early. The Panigale looks better in this area.
The white, being satin shows the shadow detail which highlights the subtle shapes of the tank and fairings.
But I could easily live with either colour and love it.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts