Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019MY Ducati Supersport S
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2019MY Supersport S (used). Previous owner had fitted the Competition Werkes GP pipe and also the Termignoni T800 UpMap. I started some online discussion with the UpMap team and they were very helpful. They suggested that I disconnect the Lambda sensor connectors (but can leave the sensors installed in the pipes). This will enable the flashed UpMap 'map' to control the fuelling and spark, rather than the ECU adjusting at lower rpm based on the lambda sensor signals. I've followed the lambda sensor wiring but my hand cannot reach the connectors. Can anyone advise where the connectors are located and what I may have to remove to access them (so I can disconnect/unclip and insulate them). Any assistance/images appreciated.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Further to post #1 please see attached screenshot of email I received from UpMap. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Regarding your question about the O2 sensor wiring: I have not bothered to disconnect them, but according to the parts diagrams they have quite a short wire. You should be able to follow it where ever it goes and unplug them. You will definately need to remove parts from the bike to gain access, though.

Comment from the upmap team is interesting. Engine does not respond to gas properly when cold, and this might provide a solution to it. Other than that, it feels pretty good. Only way to really see what is happening, would be to dyno the bike. I haven't done it, but I guess it not a bad idea to follow manufacturers guidance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Regarding your question about the O2 sensor wiring: I have not bothered to disconnect them, but according to the parts diagrams they have quite a short wire. You should be able to follow it where ever it goes and unplug them.

Comment from the upmap team is interesting. Engine does not respond to gas properly when cold, and this might provide a solution to it. Other than that, it feels pretty good. Only way to really see what is happening, would be to dyno the bike. I haven't done it, but I guess it not a bad idea to follow manufacturers guidance.
Thanks @Jippo Yes comments are interesing. I saw the image in the parts diagram too, but actual wire seems to run up into fuel tank area. Hence keen to know if anyone in the forum knows where the connectors are actually accessible...really want to avoid taking off fairings and lifting fuel tank; etc. if not necessary. Either way its been great reading the chats on this forum...love my Supersport S...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Huh. I have the UpMap and left the O2 sensors connected. I have noticed that after recently starting the bike cold and taking off that at really low RPM's and giving it gas the engine seems to lag and lug a bit more than before the UpMap. But it only does this when cold. This must be why.

·
Super Moderator
7,604 Posts
@Lopez0101 Several Members have noted the same. Wonder if that would happen if the O2 sensors were disconnected.

If anyone has disconnected them, please advise...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Huh. I have the UpMap and left the O2 sensors connected. I have noticed that after recently starting the bike cold and taking off that at really low RPM's and giving it gas the engine seems to lag and lug a bit more than before the UpMap. But it only does this when cold. This must be why.
I have the stock motorcycle. After getting my annual service, I noticed the bike had some throttle lag that I attributed to a factory update to the ECU. In my case, the throttle response is normal once the bike gets 165 F. If the bike never warms up, I usually get normal throttle after about 5 miles of riding maybe 10 minutes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi All, I disconnected the Lambda sensors. I’ve posted some destabilise notes and photos on page 23 of the Competition Werkes Exhaust thread.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I disconnected the lambdas (Termi D181+upmap). I didn't notice any difference to earlier and the throttle lag when cold is still present.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Jippo When cold it’s hard to discern if better, in fact I think it could be slightly worse. But I found once warmed-up the driveability seems smoother at lower revs and in city traffic - with ‘Touring’ mode selected it’s Ducati V-twin characteristic but with the rough edges/hunting reduced (for me anyway).

·
Registered
314 Posts
@Jippo When cold it’s hard to discern if better, in fact I think it could be slightly worse. But I found once warmed-up the driveability seems smoother at lower revs and in city traffic - with ‘Touring’ mode selected it’s Ducati V-twin characteristic but with the rough edges/hunting reduced (for me anyway).
Could well be. I unplugged the Lambdas during the winter break, so I couldn't really tell anything quite definite. What comes to the smoother running, I think Termi alone made it already a great deal better. Upmap was a smaller improvement in my humble opinion. But lambda's, I really couldn't tell the difference after the winter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts