Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Very interesting film, really got to see the inner psyche of Dovi. He seems to be a very talented tactful and strategic rider who just needs to take a bit more risk sometimes and just let go. Tough to beat MM who simply has no fear and oozes talent...

·
Super Moderator
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Ed: Thank you for sharing this! Very interesting, very impressive.
Yw!

(ooops, accidentally hit my moderator "edit" button instead of "reply" on your post when trying to make this post! But didn't change anything on yours! )

·
Premium Member
2,188 Posts
So, I finally watched this pleasant little documentary.

There weren’t really any surprises except one - the part where Dovi is working with his human performance program manager about replicating on the GP track the sense of freedom he feels on the motocross track. The moment was insightful and represented (to me) a real opportunity for breakthrough but what was really surprising was when Dovi hits a brick wall, the HPP manager didn’t really help guide him towards the desired outcome (a redefinition of his on track riding). Rather, the HPP manager seemed to leave it up to Dovi to figure out. Man, with the salaries and stakes involved, if I were CD or Gigi I’d fire the HPP guy in nanoseconds.

I think the rest of the documentary was the predictable give-and-take struggle any high performance team experiences while working towards success.

In contrast, I think a similar documentary of some other riders would reveal a level of discord reaching dysfunction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts