Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Down shifting using the clutch which I tend to do when riding around town, some times the DQS blips after my blip and it seems to be as the clutch is being released so the bike lurches forward a little. I am in sport mode with DTC=1 and ABS=1 not sure if sometimes im being lazy and not pulling the lever all the way in. any one else experiencing this?
checked the lever switch for the clicking sound and it clicks when the lever is close to the bar probably the last 20mm of travel at the end of the lever.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've kind of noticed the same thing but thought it was just me not being used to the throttle/clutch action. I used to ride an 1100 Monster before I traded it in for the SuperSport. I've rather attributed the lurching I sometimes exeperience too myself releasing the clutch a tad too fast. Compared to the Monster, with which I got an instant reaction to a throttle input, there's a feeling of a bit of a delayed response with the electronic throttle of the SuperSport.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Monster 1100evo too last of the big 2 valve ducatis pushing out 100hp too good to trade in 47000kms and going strong.
What mode are you riding in when it does it.
We could customise urban mode to be the same as sport for engine abs and dtc and turn off down shift for around town I think Urban mode would be usefull then.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have left it in Sport mode after the initial ride in Touring mode that made me think something was wrong as sluggish as I felt it was compared to the Monster.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did I just miss it or does the manual have NO instructions for how to use the DQS? I couldn't find anything but just use it like I do on my s1000rr--keep on the throttle for an upshift and no throttle for down. Works very nicely and I'm impressed with the smoothness. It gets a lot of use as the revs pile on fast and it's pretty quick to the shift during the break-in period!

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Have left it in Sport mode after the initial ride in Touring mode that made me think something was wrong as sluggish as I felt it was compared to the Monster.
Have you analysed the fuel consumption of touring and sport modes. They have the same HP and you can alter the DTC & ABS in the main settings menu. I did a good few hundred km's in the mountains this past weekend and switched it to touring mode because I got an extra quarter of fuel in touring mode. Could hardly notice the difference in performance but it certainly got me to the next filling station.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did I just miss it or does the manual have NO instructions for how to use the DQS? I couldn't find anything but just use it like I do on my s1000rr--keep on the throttle for an upshift and no throttle for down. Works very nicely and I'm impressed with the smoothness. It gets a lot of use as the revs pile on fast and it's pretty quick to the shift during the break-in period!
Yes you are correct the manual tells you what it does but not how to operate it.
The extra blip has always been under 60kmh usually slowing gently for traffic lights this is when I tend to use the clutch and shift manually.
I just checked the clutch lever micro switch again and it does only switch on in the last 10mm of travel of the lever, this is the only way DQS would determine no blip is needed for the down change.
I found that for upshifts its really smooth for any throttle opening as long as you hold the throttle steady while changing
And Same as you say fully closed for down shifts when letting DQS do it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've noticed that you have to be pretty firm on the downshifts and the information on the importance of the last 10 mm at least in part explains why. Thinking back on the situations where I've experienced problems upshifting during hard acceleration, I feel not holding a steady throttle as TripleS is stating is important could very well be what was causing the extended power cuts. One would think though that twisting the throttle while accelerating is a pretty normal behavior and something a quick shift system should be able to handle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts