Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Supersport 950S
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I grow the nerve and search for the time before installing a new pair of Ducabike rearsets, curious if anyone has any tips or tricks to be added to the previous comments across the site?

Most applicable previous post I found:

Really looking for comments if there are any snags to be aware of, shift lever adjustment, rear brake bleeding requirements and best method, etc. Also, I went ahead and got a new Rizoma rear brake reservoir thinking that because I'm likely having to bleed anyways it would be a good time to make the swap.

Attached the latest set of instructions.

Look forward to the commentary.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
If yours comes with a folding toe peg for the gear shifter, the pivot point will eventually loosen. Rather than orient the foldable toe peg so that it folds straight up (let’s call this 12 o’clock), rotate it somewhat so that the peg folds up to 10 o’clock or 2 o’clock. I think 2 o’clock is preferable. That way, when you put your toe underneath it and pull up for a shift, the peg won’t fold up as easily but in the event of a tip over, it will still give way.

·
Registered
'21 Supersport 950S
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If yours comes with a folding toe peg for the gear shifter, it will eventually loosen. Rather than orient the foldable toe peg so that it folds straight up (let’s call this 12 o’clock), rotate it somewhat so that the peg folds up to 10 o’clock or 2 o’clock. I think 2 o’clock is preferable. That way, when you put your toe underneath it and pull up for a shift, the peg won’t fold up as easily but in the event of a tip over, it will still give way.
Good point. Hoping to dig in this weekend, not sure how far I'll get.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts