·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder how the position differs from the OEM?
It looks like there's a little bit of range on motion on how they are mounted. The big plate bolts the the bike the same as OEM, then the peg bracket attaches to that through a small arrangement of holes giving a small amount of movement. The peg and the shifter toe are on an eccentric, so that adds some additional range as well.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also - it looks like it might be a shared part with the Monster 1200. Some of the photographs clearly show a hydraulic clutch slave.

·
Registered
326 Posts
pretty yes, expensive yes, but why ?

We chose the SS over the baby panigale for it's confort, so it's a higher bar and lower foot pegs. Why would you get your foot pegs higher and lose confort ?

Reactions: Gcati937sss

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pretty yes, expensive yes, but why ?

We chose the SS over the baby panigale for it's confort, so it's a higher bar and lower foot pegs. Why would you get your foot pegs higher and lose confort ?
It cost Ducabike almost nothing to make as it's primarily an adapted part from the Monster. I would be interested in seeing one in person - at 6'5" I'm someone who falls outside of the "motorcycle ideal" height of 5'8" (+/- 4"). I finally got the front brake lever placed correctly, but can't get the clutch lever to match due to the adjuster and configuration of the clip-ons. I got the shifter lever adjusted correctly but I need to trim down the plunger on the rear brake master to get the pedal to go low enough for me.

I might opt for the comfort seat to get more sit over height and relax my knees a bit. The configuration options on these might allow me to lower the pegs even more, should I be able to stomach the price, which is doubtful.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
It cost Ducabike almost nothing to make as it's primarily an adapted part from the Monster. I would be interested in seeing one in person - at 6'5" I'm someone who falls outside of the "motorcycle ideal" height of 5'8" (+/- 4"). I finally got the front brake lever placed correctly, but can't get the clutch lever to match due to the adjuster and configuration of the clip-ons. I got the shifter lever adjusted correctly but I need to trim down the plunger on the rear brake master to get the pedal to go low enough for me.

I might opt for the comfort seat to get more sit over height and relax my knees a bit. The configuration options on these might allow me to lower the pegs even more, should I be able to stomach the price, which is doubtful.
Rizoma foot pegs have a good range of adjustability for you tall guys. Will have to wait and see but they do have some generic sets already available. One I saw when testing an aprilia and F4 agusta had 9 settings on it.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Loving that clear clutch cover. Can we get it with the stock cable setup? The hydraulic is nice but it seems like it sticks out pretty far.

·
Registered
349 Posts
It cost Ducabike almost nothing to make as it's primarily an adapted part from the Monster.......
I'm thinking you meant that there were no development costs incurred designing the rear sets since it was already designed and tooled up for the 1200. But, there are the obvious costs of materials, machine time, operator time, and the associated logistics expenses.

I am a big fan of DucaBike bits having had their rear sets, oilquarium, and various other parts. Yes, they are pricey, but I am willing to pay for what I like.

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Comfort seat for tall guys

I don't know if the comfort seat will help. I purchased one for the same reason you're thinking of purchasing one. The problem is that while it probably lessens the bend in my knees it raises my legs up to the point where my thigh is hitting the ridge of the fuel tank that extends out from the rest of the body. At some point I'm going to experiment with the stock seat vs. the comfort seat to determine which one is actually better for me. Having too much fun at this point to do that though.

I've got a 38 inch inseam so the above problem, may not be one for you.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I saw these Touratech adjustable pegs on a BMW R1200R today at the dealer. The tech said they would fit the SS. They look better in person than in the link. Peg is knurled aluminum I believe. Much less expensive than the Ducabike ones with nine positions of adjustability. I may give them or the Rizomas a shot due to my extra long frame.

https://touratech-usa.com/Store/Sport-Foot-Pegs-Adjustable-BMW-F800R-S-ST-K1200-1300R-S-R1200R
Those look really nice. I like the finish on them more than the other vario-pegs out there.

·
Registered
SuperSport 939 MY19
74 Posts
Comfort seat for tall guys

I don't know if the comfort seat will help. I purchased one for the same reason you're thinking of purchasing one. The problem is that while it probably lessens the bend in my knees it raises my legs up to the point where my thigh is hitting the ridge of the fuel tank that extends out from the rest of the body. At some point I'm going to experiment with the stock seat vs. the comfort seat to determine which one is actually better for me. Having too much fun at this point to do that though.

I've got a 38 inch inseam so the above problem, may not be one for you.
Hey FishOutOfH2O,

I was wandering through old threads on a couple of issues, and I came across this one that you contributed to. I was interested in knowing what you finally decided on the seat ergonomics? TIA

1 - 20 of 20 Posts