Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello there i purchased the ducabike risers but saw i had to go to their italian website for directions. Just confirming how many ft lbs you torqued the bolts to and if you use and thread lock. I saw a mention of grease as well, is that for the bolt threads, im guessing a thin layer? I am not using their steering damperner so im guess the little black piece that came with the kit is not used? Thanks in advance, as simple as this looks i wanna make sure i dont miss anything.

AC

·
Registered
316 Posts
Could you post a link to the Italian instructions? Normally it's either / or on the grease OR threadlocker... I'd bet the correct installation calls for only threadlocker on the threads.

-Tom

·
Registered
316 Posts
The link opens just a blank page for me, but I found the "English" button at the top of the home page. Try the "Instructions" link from here; maybe it will work for you.

BTW I foresee this little adventure costing me $$$, I've been wishing for a more secure brake fluid reservoir mount and there are many other shiny things on Ducabike's site I NEED! 🤪

·
Registered
917 Posts
As I recall the instructions that came in the package with mine, it's grease, not threadlocker. They ship with what looked like titanium bolts, which have a galvanic response with aluminum. Use a metallic anti-sieze grease, preferably something with copper in it.

Reactions: A8tomic

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As I recall the instructions that came in the package with mine, it's grease, not threadlocker. They ship with what looked like titanium bolts, which have a galvanic response with aluminum. Use a metallic anti-sieze grease, preferably something with copper in it.
thank you

·
Registered
'21 Supersport 950S
55 Posts
I assume these are for added comfort? Is there any give-up or adjustment to handling raising further up? Honestly don't know...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes, lifts the bars up just a bit. I don't recall noticing any changed in effort needed to steer. Don't imagine it does, it's only raising the bars a bit, not changing the width or angle, so leverage shouldn't change.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts