Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a set of these bars because the stock bars don’t quite fit right. As usual with me, I didn’t do a lot of research before I bought them :p I looked at some of the threads after they arrived and found out what I was facing. The 3 main gotchas are (1) stock bar weights wont fit because bar diameter is too large, (2) bars are 3/4 of an inch longer than stock so they look dorky, and (3) you need to drill some holes to remount the controls. It took me the better part of an afternoon, but I overcame all 3. So, I thought I would share my new found wisdom.

For (1) I used a couple of pieces of refrigerator water maker tubing to make shims. Bar weights slide in and screwed down tight. For (2) I used a cheap hand operated pipe cutter i have used with copper pipes in the past,to remove 3/4 inch off each bar. For (3) wrap the old bar with paper and mark where the holes are. Adjust new bars to your liking. Slip on the tube of paper and transcribe the holes.

An added bonus is I think I gained close to an inch of bar height. I have risers installed, but i really didn’t see any benefit. However with the bars and the risers, I am much more upright.

One other gotcha that can’t be fixed is that the ends of the bars at the clamp are solid aluminum. So, if like me, you have a GPS mount installed in the hole, you will need to find another mounting solution. I ordered a mount that attaches to the ignition switch. 13$ on Amazon,

5BA66646-F2B0-4532-8BE1-FD709066D55D.jpeg
A37E58D4-89CB-4225-ACF5-F3C052994A36.jpeg

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have these as well.

1) they have a index mark on the end that goes into the bike, so that you cam make them even. This is important as these can be turned around, they aren't indexed until you drill them. You can make them even lower or higher, further back further forward, by rotating them. take some time sitting on the bike to find the perfect position before you drill the locating holes

2) you can still use the end of the bar for a mount, drill a hole and tap it. most of the bar is solid, so not a problem, just get a ball mount with a screw, and drill and tap.

3) you can use our stock bar ends with a hose or, a piece of aluminum, pound it in and drill it. You will have to do soemthign here, because the hole is too big for the stock ones, and too small for the standard bigger bar stuff. you can't even use the plastic ones they give you because you'll have to hammer the hell out of them as they are for the actual larger hole, which this is not. the hole in the end of the bar is definitely a let down.

4) black bars look nicer, but they scratch if you arent careful when you put the brake levers and such on, getting the silver ones avoid this.

5) they are longer, and even more so if you angle them to be straighter from the bike. They are aluminum so easy to cut, just remember that aluminum fills grinders so you need a saw blade.

These things are really great, aside from the hole in the end being an odd size. Highly recommend them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts