Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is it, what you’re looking at is the very last V-twim Panigale that Ducati will produce; the 1299 Panigale R Final Edition. Revealed by Claudio Domenicali at the Laguna Seca racing circuit in California during round eight of the World Superbike Championship, Chaz Davies and Marco Melandri will be riding them at the World Superbike Championship.

Featuring a tri-colour livery inspired by the Italian national flag, the Final Edition’s engine still retains the Panigale’s 1285cc displacement with 116 X 60.8mm bore and stroke measurements, but with a few tweaks.

The Superquadro V-twin features modified camshafts, 116mm pistons with two piston rings, crankshaft with tungsten balancing pads, improved intake ducts, titanium connecting rods and valves, and throttle bodies with aerodynamic butterflies. Combined, the engine should deliver 209 hp at 11,000 rpm, with a claimed torque of 104.7 lb-ft at 9,000 rpm.

Other goodies includes a Bosch Inertial Measurement Unit, the Ducati Quickshift, adjustable traction control, engine braking, wheelie control, cornering ABS, GPS-equipped data analyzer.

Supporting the 418.9 lb Panigale 1299 R Final Edition are three-spoke forged aluminum Marchesini wheels with a set of Öhlins NIX30 forks, TTX36 rear shock, and Brembo Monobloc M50 semi-floating radial brake calipers paired with two 330-mm disks.

Some may be surprised to find that the 1299 Panigale R Final Edition’s production run will be unlimited even though it is a numbered collectible model, meaning everyone who wants a piece of Ducati history will be able to get their hands on one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lol. I just posted this stuff in the off topic section. Didnt realize someone already covered the scoop. Here is a better pic of this beautiful bike.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I like it. I'll take one, please. Wait, make that two...one to ride and one to collect!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts