·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: Ed K

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Even our local newspaper ran an article on Ducati's active smarts...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have this on my car and it is pretty erratic at times, I wouldn't fancy it emergency braking on a bike through small gaps like it does on my car....contraflow sends it haywire!

Matt

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree, its bad enough in a car, but can you imagine that you are merrily tootling along with Cruise Control on, on your bike when an 'outside force gives divine intervention' and suddenly activates your brakes :eek: Even during the operation of the Cruise Control, if the brakes are applied slowly and progressively it could be enough to alarm you and even upset your balance.

I'm all for a visual and audible warning type system, but I would like to apply my own brakes, thank you very much!

My Beemer cage gives me an audible and visual warning if the vehicle in front is too close, but it's ME who reacts and applies the brakes.

Reactions: JayS

·
Registered
129 Posts
Interesting it is no longer a Desmo engine, not exactly hard to shave 1.2kg by putting conventional sprung valves back in. I guess this is also the reason they have stretched the service to 60k.

Matt

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Wow: non-desmo valvetrain. V4. Lighter, smaller, 20mm wider, 170hp, 120ft/lbs torque, 60K valve adjustment interval.

I’m not really into a Multistrada type bike and I’ve been saying the Supersport is close to perfect as is but this motor would absolutely KILL in a GT/SS style chassis and would make me open my wallet. Wide.

Drooooolllllllll............

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I wonder if this is a big bang engine or has a conventional firing interval? It might not need a counterbalancer for the later.

·
Super Moderator
6,252 Posts
Wow: non-desmo valvetrain. V4. Lighter, smaller, 20mm wider, 170hp, 120ft/lbs torque, 60K valve adjustment interval.

I’m not really into a Multistrada type bike and I’ve been saying the Supersport is close to perfect as is but this motor would absolutely KILL in a GT/SS style chassis and would make me open my wallet. Wide.

Drooooolllllllll............
Yes, think it would be perfect for an SS style bike.

·
Super Moderator
6,252 Posts
The power and torque figures of this new MS motor are almost identical to those of the 2007 K1200S I had, except the K reached those numbers a few hundred rpm less. And that motor debuted in 2005. The SS is not nearly as fast by comparison. Of course the K had a shaft that lost a few ponies as compared the a chain on the new MS. In my book, the K12 was a near perfect SPORT tourer, that could also do Sport riding. And tens of thousands of Sport Touring miles I did on it. Would like to see this motor in an SS style bike too!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts