Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
My impression was the pillon seat did have a little more support
Only by how tight the rear cowl fitted compared to the standard seat?

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Is it just me or does anyone find the the $340 price tag a little high for a seat not made by Corbin or Sargent? We should be able to pick what seat we want when we ordered the bike.....just seems wasteful to buy a bike with a seat and then buy another seat that is just slightly thicker / thinner. Just going to be more landfill in the end.

Sorry, end of rant.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Is it just me or does anyone find the the $340 price tag a little high for a seat not made by Corbin or Sargent? We should be able to pick what seat we want when we ordered the bike.....just seems wasteful to buy a bike with a seat and then buy another seat that is just slightly thicker / thinner. Just going to be more landfill in the end.

Sorry, end of rant.
This is how Ducati services their dealerships. There is very little margin on the bikes and the dealerships revenue models are normally built on accessories, service and parts. This allows Ducati to build a basic bike and the dealers to generate follow on revenue on some significantly expensive accessories.

Also, the distribution model gets excessively complex if you start modularizing this stuff. You can't just stuff it all in a box at the factory, which is another part of the margin for the manufacturer. As a consumer, would I like it? MOST DEFINITELY I would. But I get whey they can't.

·
Registered
94 Posts

Sorry, end of rant.

You make a lot of sense there Huggy. Oh well, I'll just leave the cowl on my standard SSS seat, and put on the comfort seat when the gf is tagging along. The cowl is a pretty tight fit on the comfort seat, although I have seen it done.

I will await the aftermarket seats with interest.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't know the exact change rate between Euro & $ but $340 for the seat, expensive... I paid mine 180 euros, catalog price is a 240.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've uploaded pictures of the bike with comfort seat (not very good pictures, sorry) in my 'garage'. So check 'BruNo' garage if you want to have an idea of its look.
It's a little bit higher than std seat, you can feel it when you're driving.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I don't know the exact change rate between Euro & $ but $340 for the seat, expensive... I paid mine 180 euros, catalog price is a 240.
Its listed on the Ducati USA website for $330. I get the fact that for some...taller guys especially, this is a must have.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I fitted the comfort seat & found the opposite!
It's softer, but I just sank into it & ended up with discomfort earlier, so I've gone back to the original seat & am completely happy doing 2 hours riding with a 15 min coffee break, then another 2 hours no problem.

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
I fitted the comfort seat & found the opposite!
It's softer, but I just sank into it & ended up with discomfort earlier, so I've gone back to the original seat & am completely happy doing 2 hours riding with a 15 min coffee break, then another 2 hours no problem.
Is the ride height when sitting on it, and compressing the cushion, higher than the standard seat by the full inche (25mm?)? Or less than an inche when sitting on it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I weigh 100kg, so I think I am compressing the softer seat, so I get a sore butt earlier on the 'comfort' saddle!
I've fitted Ducabike 15mm handlebar risers, so is slightly higher anyway!

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
Here you go
Thanks my friend.

They look virtually identical.

1. When sitting on it with feet on the ground, does the comfort seat feel a full 25mm/1 inch higher than the standard, or does your weight compress it down to a similar height as the standard?

2. Is comfort seat more comfortable from your perspective?

3. Can the rear cover still fit on the comfort seat?

Tx!

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Thanks my friend.

1. When sitting on it with feet on the ground, does the comfort seat feel a full 25mm/1 inch higher than the standard, or does your weight compress it down to a similar height as the standard?

Tx!
They do look the same hey. Same profile. Is the comfort seat a gel and original foam.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thanks my friend.

You have to look closely

the front of the seat is 1 inch higher, following the standard curve, so the top is narrower, and it doesn't feel higher.
tha back is larger so if you sit all the way back, you are effectively higher.

yes it is, but the standard is already quite confortable to my opinion.
My but started to hurt from 200km on the standards seat.
It started at 350km with the confort one.

Tx!
Yes, it is harder to put on but it do fit.

They do look the same hey. Same profile. Is the comfort seat a gel and original foam.
Nope, same kind, higher, and larger on the back.

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
You have to look closely

the front of the seat is 1 inch higher, following the standard curve, so the top is narrower, and it doesn't feel higher.
tha back is larger so if you sit all the way back, you are effectively higher.

yes it is, but the standard is already quite confortable to my opinion.
My but started to hurt from 200km on the standards seat.
It started at 350km with the confort one.

Yes, it is harder to put on but it do fit.

Nope, same kind, higher, and larger on the back.
Thank you for taking the time to post the pics and the added comments.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have fitted the comfort seat today.For me it is better as I no longer keep sliding forward towards the tank on the bananna shaped standard.Also more padding .A great option.I will post a picture in the near future.Cheers John.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts