Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly Shell lubes are not a popular brand where I live so finding out what the equivalents are has been a massive hunt.
Here's the specified greases and lubes for the SS / Monster. The 2014 monster 1200 manual can be found on line and it is +90% the same as the SS in terms of mechanical component lubrication.

Grease A - SHELL Alvania R3 - Multipurpose, medium fibre, lithium grease.
Grease B - SHELL Retinax HDX2 - Molybdenum disulphide grease, high mechanical stress and high temperature resistant
Grease C - SHELL Retinax LX2 - Bearing/joint grease for parts subject to prolonged mechanical stress. Temperature range: -10 to 110 °C
Grease D- SHELL Retinax HD2 - Protective grease, with anti-corrosive and waterproofing properties
Grease E - PANKL - PLB 05 - Grease
Grease F - OPTIMOL - PASTE WHITE T - Grease
Grease G - PANKL - PLB07 - Grease
Grease H - KLÜBER STABURAGS NBU 30 PTM - Grease
Grease I - CUPRUM 320 - Copper Grease

After countless months of calls to local suppliers , each with a different equivalent for their product, I found this easy to use link. Select shell on the left and then select your brand on the right. Shell have rebranded to Gadus so a shell search will need to be done to determine the rebranded Gadus product.

UniMarine

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Nice list. Thanks for the effort! Just to add, I've had a hard time finding Shell products as well...at least locally. Mail order, yes, but I don't always want to order it that way.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,761 Posts
I had to laugh at their warranty line - 30 DAY REPLACEMENT IF DEFECTIVE

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
I paid $18 at Autozone for their last bottle of Shell to top off my bike. I had to go to Cyclegear for a bottle of Maxim for final top off.

The crankcase holds 4L.

AMS sez that Motul 300 is best for shifting but the invoice they gave me sez they filled it with Shell. Don't know why. Getting close to the annual on 4400 mile bike. No light yet.

Should I go to the local dealer or have my local ind Duc mechanic do it? I trust my independent, he sez he has all the software. 1 (one) year of warranty left.

·
Registered
SuperSport 939 MY19
177 Posts
Firstly Shell lubes are not a popular brand where I live so finding out what the equivalents are has been a massive hunt.
Here's the specified greases and lubes for the SS / Monster. The 2014 monster 1200 manual can be found on line and it is +90% the same as the SS in terms of mechanical component lubrication.

Grease A - SHELL Alvania R3 - Multipurpose, medium fibre, lithium grease.
Grease B - SHELL Retinax HDX2 - Molybdenum disulphide grease, high mechanical stress and high temperature resistant
Grease C - SHELL Retinax LX2 - Bearing/joint grease for parts subject to prolonged mechanical stress. Temperature range: -10 to 110 °C
Grease D- SHELL Retinax HD2 - Protective grease, with anti-corrosive and waterproofing properties
Grease E - PANKL - PLB 05 - Grease
Grease F - OPTIMOL - PASTE WHITE T - Grease
Grease G - PANKL - PLB07 - Grease
Grease H - KLÜBER STABURAGS NBU 30 PTM - Grease
Grease I - CUPRUM 320 - Copper Grease

After countless months of calls to local suppliers , each with a different equivalent for their product, I found this easy to use link. Select shell on the left and then select your brand on the right. Shell have rebranded to Gadus so a shell search will need to be done to determine the rebranded Gadus product.

UniMarine
A big thank you to @amoslws for putting this together. Awesome work brother!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts