Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appreciate any insight you can give me
I bought a new red 950 S and the panniers to mount on it but the dealer only has white. He has ordered a new set of red luggage but it’s going to take a month to get them. I have a trip coming in a week and a half. I asked if they could let me have the luggage they have. Remove the white inserts and send me the red ones when the new bags come in
They said the color inserts are not exchangeable. I’m sure I read someplace that they are exchangeable
I’m sure someone on the forum knows for sure
Thanks for your help
Craig

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
The panels don't appear to be interchangeable. They seem to be permanently attached and I'm not going to rip mine off to find otherwise.

Trip planning certainly looks tricky. :unsure:

My bad, they screw on. You are correct sir.

Trip planning still tricky. :geek:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
No chance you can loan some from a friend?
Even throw over the seat panniers will be better than being stuck with 'non matching to the bike' white ones.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I guess the dealer is being straight up with me. He said they are interchangeable on the multistradas so I couldn’t imagine them not being interchangeable on the Supersport too
i Guess if it doesn’t get here in time for the trip I’ll use some old bags I have from days past
Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I'd like to know how they attach. Perhaps they're glued on but can be sacrificially removed and replaced?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Thanks for the info. I guess the dealer is being straight up with me. He said they are interchangeable on the multistradas so I couldn’t imagine them not being interchangeable on the Supersport too
i Guess if it doesn’t get here in time for the trip I’ll use some old bags I have from days past
Thanks again!
You're right. I opened the bag and the panels screw on with small Philips screws. Sorry I didn't open up the bags. I was looking for an attachment bracket.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The panniers are completely different to the Multistrada ones. The SS ones are a givi design and pretty poor in comparison to the Multistrada ones. They’re only semi rigid and the mounting hardware is unsightly compared to the interstates Multistrada ones. The price is a joke!
However they’re better than nothing.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Lord, they are an expensive accessory and overpriced. OTOH, they are expandable and are large enough to hold a fullface helmet, so larger than a new Goldwing bag. The hardware bracket is removeable or installable in about 20-30 minutes. The worse issue is bolt shearing. BMW has a similar bag system on some of their bikes too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Lord, they are an expensive accessory and overpriced. OTOH, they are expandable and are large enough to hold a fullface helmet, so larger than a new Goldwing bag. The hardware bracket is removeable or installable in about 20-30 minutes. The worse issue is bolt shearing. BMW has a similar bag system on some of their bikes too.
Yes, I’ve secured a 2nd hand set and will use them for some light touring. They’re just disappointing having seen how good the Multistrada’s are.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to all of you for checking and now I even have a part number. I’ll call them first thing in the morning and see if I can make be any progress.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts