Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I want to hear one in person. These videos aren't giving me chill bumps. Just not feeling it...yet.

·
Registered
299 Posts
We have discussed a lot here in Italy and I can say that It's a fake video. This is Aprilia RS-GP during Misano testing a week ago... :wink2:

·
Registered
545 Posts
The sound of the V4 is marvelous. what do you guys think the msrp will be on the base model?

Spy Video: Ducati's new V4 being tested on track - Motofire
That test bike seems to have an open exhaust, nothing like what we'll get for a production bike application.

We're all guessing at Ducati V4 pricing, but I'd bet on mid-$20s USD minimum. I'd further guess that the V4 will come only in Superbike guise. And as soon as it appears all the Ducati twins will be the ugly sisters, not quite up to snuff with the V4. This is risky product portfolio strategy for Ducati.

·
Super Moderator
7,825 Posts
That test bike seems to have an open exhaust, nothing like what we'll get for a production bike application.

We're all guessing at Ducati V4 pricing, but I'd bet on mid-$20s USD minimum. I'd further guess that the V4 will come only in Superbike guise. And as soon as it appears all the Ducati twins will be the ugly sisters, not quite up to snuff with the V4. This is risky product portfolio strategy for Ducati.
Imho, I believe the twins and fours will both continue for some bikes, and peacefully co-exist...different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
886 Posts

They said that about the Superquadro and the Testastretta. What was once good enough for the Superbike was now relegated to the heavier, uglier road bikes - Monster and Multi. Dropping the Superquadro and going with the Desmosedici (or whatever it's going to be called) really won't be different from the change from the 1198 to the 1199.

I'm more interested to see what sales do in relation to Aprilia. Will Ducati steal buyers from them, being the better known manufacturer? Or will Aprilia take Ducati buyers because it will be seen as diluting Ducati heritage?

·
Registered
545 Posts
They said that about the Superquadro and the Testastretta. What was once good enough for the Superbike was now relegated to the heavier, uglier road bikes - Monster and Multi. Dropping the Superquadro and going with the Desmosedici (or whatever it's going to be called) really won't be different from the change from the 1198 to the 1199.

I'm more interested to see what sales do in relation to Aprilia. Will Ducati steal buyers from them, being the better known manufacturer? Or will Aprilia take Ducati buyers because it will be seen as diluting Ducati heritage?
Going from a V-twin motor to a V4 is exponentially different than going from a Testastretta to Superquadro twin! Maybe they've had their eye on BMW, whose flat twin engines are iconic, but who has also released singles, parallel twins, inline 4s and inline 6s successfully into their product portfolio in recent years.

At least here in the US market, Aprilia is a minor player, mostly due to the lack of dealer coverage. I don't see a lot of sales dilution there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts