Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Panigale V2

- Midweight sportbike - entry level, track-capable bike without pressure of high end SBK - perfect for 1st time track riders
- Single sided swingarm
- Compact
- Superquadro engine
- 155 hp
- Balances weight and torque
- TFT, ABS Cornering, TC, WC, QS & EBC
- 176kg dry
- 24k km service interval

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
V4

- Winglets increase downforce
- Wider body
- Improved cooling
- Reduced wheelie effect
- Single sided swingarm
- 214 hp @13,000RPM
- 384lb dry
- 15k km service interval

·
Registered
522 Posts
Panigale V2

- Midweight sportbike - entry level, track-capable bike without pressure of high end SBK - perfect for 1st time track riders
- Single sided swingarm
- Compact
- Superquadro engine
- 155 hp
- Balances weight and torque
- TFT, ABS Cornering, TC, WC, QS & EBC
- 176kg dry
- 24k km service interval
Pretty expensive bike for 1rst time track riders!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yep.....I’ll stick to a lightly used 899 or 959 and call it good ‘nuff.
one of the things that made me chose the SS over the 899/959 was the the single sided swing arm, a ducati without it is a no go for me.

I was also sad that the 959 lacked cornering ABS/DTC and TFT screen, and its exhaust is ugly.

well... now that all of that is sorted out... I may trade my SS for a V2 coming the spring...

·
Registered
522 Posts
one of the things that made me chose the SS over the 899/959 was the the single sided swing arm, a ducati without it is a no go for me.

I was also sad that the 959 lacked cornering ABS/DTC and TFT screen, and its exhaust is ugly.

well... now that all of that is sorted out... I may trade my SS for a V2 coming the spring...
Hey, if your riding style can put up with the lack of comfort exemplified by the Panigales, go for it! I purchased the SS to get away from the track-only riding posture.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think the Panigale V2 ends the SuperSport project. The new V2 is indicated by Ducati as entry level for the track, for tourism there is the Multistrada series. There seems to be little interest in a motorcycle model that is between the two ... at least in Italy SuperSport sales are very low

·
Registered
409 Posts
I think the Panigale V2 ends the SuperSport project. The new V2 is indicated by Ducati as entry level for the track, for tourism there is the Multistrada series. There seems to be little interest in a motorcycle model that is between the two ... at least in Italy SuperSport sales are very low
Hope not. If it does, it will end my interest in Ducati. No interest in the ugly Multistrada, or bending myself like a noodle around a Penigale.

·
Registered
223 Posts
What's with the whine Dany? 959 was introduced 2015 and updated 2019 for MY2020. Supersport was introduced 2016 so compared to 959 it is not even due to have an update!

And why not post some sales figures for all of us to see. Only figures I have ever seen is Panigales and Supersports grouped together. You must have better sources than I do. And I think that instead of Italy sales, Ducati might be more interested about world wide sales, right?

·
Registered
409 Posts
What's with the whine Dany? 959 was introduced 2015 and updated 2019 for MY2020. Supersport was introduced 2016 so compared to 959 it is not even due to have an update!

And why not post some sales figures for all of us to see. Only figures I have ever seen is Panigales and Supersports grouped together. You must have better sources than I do. And I think that instead of Italy sales, Ducati might be more interested about world wide sales, right?
Excellent points Jippo. I hear that Vespa's do very well in Italy. Can't recall seeing many over here though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The claim is that the Pani V2 has improved ergonomics. As far as I can see it boils down to a new foam seat that sits 5mm higher. Wonder if that result in even more weight on riders wrists?

“More confortable and safe
The Panigale V2 has revised ergonomics aimed at improving comfort. The new seat allows for greater longitudinal movement of the rider and greater comfort thanks to the new foam that raises it by 5 mm. The position of the footpegs remains the same.”

·
Registered
299 Posts
The Panigale 959, sold since 2016, is an evolution of the 899 (2013-2015) and in 2018 was updated with the Corse version. For 2020 it evolves into Panigale V2.
The SuperSport, sold since 2017, has not received any updates and 2020 will be the fourth year of sale. Italy, along with the United States, is Ducati's main market. We can see every month the Top 100 of motorcycle sales in our country, SuperSport has sold less and less every year and in 2019 it never appeared in this ranking. Not even the Monster 1200 appears but it is an iconic Ducati model that would never put it out of production. There is not the 959 but the other years it has always sold well, for this the Panigale V2 was born, optimized according to the requests of the customers (single-sided swingarm and short exhaust).

Here the Top 100 of September 2019:
https://www.moto.it/news/vendite-di-settembre-moto-a-8-africa-twin-e-la-piu-venduta-le-top-100.html

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
I agree with @Dany65 there won't be a remodeling of the SS.
However it was announced today that only 70 000 scramblers have been sold to date, so maybe there's some hope. I on the other hand am looking at the new V4 base Panigale and the new base SF.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
The Panigale 959, sold since 2016, is an evolution of the 899 (2013-2015) and in 2018 was updated with the Corse version. For 2020 it evolves into Panigale V2.
The SuperSport, sold since 2017, has not received any updates and 2020 will be the fourth year of sale. Italy, along with the United States, is Ducati's main market. We can see every month the Top 100 of motorcycle sales in our country, SuperSport has sold less and less every year and in 2019 it never appeared in this ranking. Not even the Monster 1200 appears but it is an iconic Ducati model that would never put it out of production. There is not the 959 but the other years it has always sold well, for this the Panigale V2 was born, optimized according to the requests of the customers (single-sided swingarm and short exhaust).

Here the Top 100 of September 2019:
https://www.moto.it/news/vendite-di-settembre-moto-a-8-africa-twin-e-la-piu-venduta-le-top-100.html
Interesting statistics. I would guess the roads are bad in Italy since so many enduro bikes are sold.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts