1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just been out on a ride and the engine diagnostic light has come one :-(

I have booked into a dealer for next week

Howvever, is there anyone I can see what the error code is?

On my other bikes I connect a laptop, do you guys do this and if so how?

Kind Regards

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ed!! you're the man. Just checked and notice one fo the cables has snapped. Could be because the valve has stuck maybe or just wear and tear on the cable!

presume this to be a common problem?

·
Administrator
8,111 Posts
Yes, also see write up to keep it lubed for prevention…

·
Administrator
8,111 Posts
@simonwood Here ya go…pics are gone, but you’ll get the idea…

(Btw, the Forum Search function works better in desktop mode.)

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
While you're searching, search the forums for lonelec. They have a cable that will fit the diagnostic port under the seat and allow you to use an ELM327 to read diagnostic codes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
While you're searching, search the forums for lonelec. They have a cable that will fit the diagnostic port under the seat and allow you to use an ELM327 to read diagnostic codes.
I have that cable, but you are suppose to hook it up to a computer and run a certain program from our homebrew friends, right? You wouldn't be able to use a normal OBDII Scanner to scan for those codes with that lonelec cable? Something like this?
Communication Device Telephony Font Automotive lighting Audio equipment

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
You can plug any OBDII scanner into the cable. The cheapest option is an ELM327. They use either wireless or Bluetooth to connect to a PC, tablet, or phone. The recommendation was to use wireless if you had an iAnything but Android worked with both. That advice might have changed.

Then you can use an app to read the ELM327. I preferred DashCmd but there are others. Most have a free version or the pro version costs about ten bucks. They can read, and clear, error codes. If the meaning isn't clear you can google it for more information (the joys of standardisation).

If you search this site there is a bit of discussion somewhere on using the lonelec and an ELM327. I think there was a discussion on the various PIDs you can read.

Reactions: Miweber929
1 - 9 of 9 Posts